Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ARP oil pump stud and I dont remember seeing any instructions with it.

I have ARP lube. should I use it on both sides of threads? How tight to I put the stud in - it has a allen wrench fitting on top? How tight should I tighten the nut? Should I use loctite in the cap side threads?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
Braden,
It really does not matter what you put on the threads that go into the cap. I usually just use some oil. As far as the torque goes, there should have been an instruction sheet with the stud. I "think" it is only around 50 lbs with the ARP lube, but you really need to ask them or find someone with a stud with the instructions. I have one at the shop but do not plan on being back there until Tuesday.

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
Careful here. the stud goes finger tight in the cap. Don't torque it into the cap at all. just use a little motor oil on it. on the nut use whatever lubricant you're using on the rest of the main cap bolts/nuts. No loctite, the stud and nut are in tension from the torque on the nut. 65lb/ft is a nice round number with oil, less with the ARP moly lube.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
I have a ARP oil pump stud and I dont remember seeing any instructions with it.

I have ARP lube. should I use it on both sides of threads? How tight to I put the stud in - it has a allen wrench fitting on top? How tight should I tighten the nut? Should I use loctite in the cap side threads?

Thanks
Was the block linehoned?
If so find out what torque was used on the stud during honing & what lube
This is what you use
If not 60lbs with oil works for me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.