Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, do i need to use loctite or the assembly lube on the BOTTOMS of the studs that screw into the block? the way arp says to do it is confusing. haha also they go in the block hand tight? even for permanent installation? :cool: please help me, gotta get this thing done! :D

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
We don't use locktite on the studs in fact on the outter ones we use bolts as we have seen where guys have used studs on the outter bolt holes and have seen them crack the webbing in that area when the stud is torqued up as some of the GM K-cap blocks are very weak in this area to begin with.

If using studs you may want your block line honed after as it will tell you that with the instructions that come with stud kit.

·
Super Moderator
13,434 Posts
haha also they go in the block hand tight? even for permanent installation?
That is correct. I put them in until they barely bottom out then loosen them up about a 1/4 turn. That keeps them pulling straight up on all of the threads in the block. If you bottom them in the block tight, they will usually cock to one side and will not be pulled straight up when you tighten the nut on the top.

I use a little of the ARP lube on the bottom threads but oil will probably work just as well.

Why would you doubt the manufacturers instructions ?????????

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
always good to be sure, and it has already been line honed using the studs, the studs were removed when i had the block decked. well imma be putting those in tomorrow and maybe rapin up the shortblock this weekend, thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts