Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 chevelle 2 door HT,SS.I was told that there are mounting holes in the roof to add shoulder belts. I do feel somthing up there but not sure it feels like a seat belt mounting hole.Could anyone confirm that there is mounts for shoulder belts in a 66 SS. before i cut a hole in the headliner? thanks, any other comments welcome.

·
Premium Member
19,928 Posts
I don't see shoulder harnesses as an option until 1968. I have GM resto kits (paperwork) for 66, 67 and 68 but don't list anything for 66 or 67. Might have been a dealer option but I don't know if GM would have made the mounting points for them if not a factory option.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The headliner is out of my '67 right now, I'll take some pictures this weekend and e-mail them to you. I don't recall seeing any mounting points for shoulder belts (but I'd like to add them too somehow).

·
Registered
764 Posts
As I understood it, the shoulder harness belt was a rare option that was available for latter model 66's. Early model 66's didn't have the supports installed for them. I saw a set on ebay that came out of a late model 66 GTO. Cool option.

·
Registered
764 Posts
RPO # A85. Beginning in March of 66. 119 cars had this option. Found this info in Chvelle world magazine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts