Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in replacing my "old" system with a newer/more modern (and perhaps smaller) footprint of a system. I've seen some at shows where the compressor was 1/2 the size of the old delco units and mounted down below the alt/battery area....

I didn't know what to search on here so could someone recommend/provide direction on how/who to approach for some products....

Thanks - Duff

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
There's better compressors out there for sure. I chose a Seltec compressor that has several options when it comes to port locations. Sanden compressors all have to be mounted with the ports pointing up. That didn't work for me. I mounted the Seltec in the stock location for a 72 but it has the same bolt pattern as the sanden compressors so it can be mounted to any aftermarket brackets designed for a Sanden. I may even polish the compressor and the aluminum mount I made for it one day.

I even changed to a parallel flow condensor and had the hoses made to be routed pretty much out of sight.

Here's a link to some pictures
http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j36/bigjames4xl/AC/

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
The Sanden compressor also comes in the rear port style. The top discharge style cuts down on valve cover or air cleaner clearance problems. We carry about six different models of the Sanden. Duff, what car is it going in?

I would think just the opposite from what I've seen, but I guess it all depends on where it's mounted.

This is what I'm used to seeing, I like my way better.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
That's a step in the right direction but I still prefer the Seltec compressor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts