Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if there is a difference between B.O.P trim rings and Chivvy Trim Rings? Also, has anyione tried to use the trim rings from a K5 Blazer or some other Chevy/GMC truck.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I can think of at least 4 or 5 different styles of GM trim rings. many are interchangeable as long as the wheels are the same diameter (14 or 15 inch) and the backspcing on the wheels isn't that different. Trim rings for the 5 spoke 71-72 SS wheels only work with those wheels (same wheels as 70's Camaro Z28's), but the rally style and the magnum style will interchange, but they won't be correct. The GM pick-up rally style trim rings will fit passenger car wheels, but are usually moticibly bigger than the passenger car versions.

------------------
Steve

72 Chevelle SS402/4sp

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Actually, the trim rings from the '71-'72 SS (and Z28) will fit on the typical 15" Chevrolet rally wheels.

In fact, my '68 El Camino has that setup.

------------------
Dan Carr
[email protected]
Team Chevelle Gold Member #11, ACES #701
Author of the GMC Sprint, El Camino, and '68-'72 SS Authentication pages.
See my GM A-body fleet at:
www.rmi.net/~dcarr/cars/cars.HTM

·
Administrator
16,168 Posts
I have a set of 86 Blazer K-5 trim rings on the 15x6 rally wheels that are on my 64. I can't post a picture yet, but I'm working on it. I can email you one if your interested.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Lakeside, AZ
Member #42 GOLD
"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
[email protected]

·
Registered
167 Posts
I guess now that I think about it, the 71-72 SS and Z28 trim rings would attatch to any 15" wheel, but I really don't think it would look too good, not to mention these are probably the most expensive trim rings out there.

------------------
Steve

72 Chevelle SS402/4sp

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have a set of 15x8 corvette rally wheel trim rings on my 80 chevy pick up with k/5 blazer wheels. They make the wheel look deeper than with the original trim rings.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
The great thing about Chevy's what will fit one model most likely can fit something else! All I can say is if you find a set of trim rings that look good on your car and are the right price then go with them!

J.J. Fig

------------------
MCC member #256
http://www.clark.net/pub/chevelle/mcc.htm

·
Premium Member
785 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
The chevy ralley wheels use different trim rings as well. The common 15x7 use one trim ring, and the 15x8 "corvette" rims use a deeper ring. The 15x8 rings will not fit on a 15x7 rim. The 15x7 rings will fit a 15x8 rim, but will not look very good.

Oldsmobile also had a ralley style wheel and some of them were 15x8. These rings will fit the chevy 15x8 ralley.

------------------
70 & 1/2 RS Camaro
SB406 & M20 4spd
9" Rear
70 Malibu
SB350 & TH400

Gold Member # 103
Driveline Technician

·
Registered
705 Posts
One more thing about the 71-72 Chevelle SS 5 spoke rims and 70-73, 77-81 Z28 rims is that the trim rings fit flush to the rim edge on the older 5 spokers. The trim rings stick out on the 77-81 Z28 5 spoke rims. This doesn't look as good as the 70-73 rims. So watch what you shop for. Take a trim ring with you when you go to buy these rims.

Mark

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts
im still having problems with trim rings rotating while im driving and bending tire stem

i tried bending the tangs out to tighten but it didnt help...any ideas on why this happens and what to do about it??

------------------
Rich
Cocoa Beach, Fla
Team Chevelle #380
[email protected]
www.chevelles.com/showroom/70_SS_454.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.