Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 67 was originally a 3 speed manual on the column, with bench seats. It is now 4 speed, with buckets, and I just found a (rather beat up) console. I have the Console extension (M&H #11475) which goes from dash to console, but I can't find anywhere under the dash to plug it in. Were these plugs only installed in the Super Sports, with gauges?

Not even sure why I'm that worried, since the clock is toast, and the rear courtesy light is non existent (Trying to track one down, with no luck) but I hope to someday have both working

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe I should have worded the title differently. Is a 67 Super Sport dash harness different from a Malibu? Maybe the Malibu's didn't have the plug for the console?

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Bill,

The harnesses were different, dependent on several factors. Gauges vs. non-gauges, A/C, floor shift vs. column shift, etc. You get the idea. You could have ordered buckets & a console in a 2 Door Malibu, they weren't exclusive to the SuperSports.

I just checked my AIM, & that console extension harness plugs directly into the dash harness, so you would have to get a new harness or modify yours. With TC member Elree Colby's assistance, I modified mine from a non-gauge harness to work with factory gauges. Wasn't too difficult.

By the way, if you don't have an AIM, it's worth the $20.

Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.