Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The drivers side window on my 69 Malibu has a lot of scratches on it from being rolled up and down against the dried and dirty window felt. I have replaced the felt but have wondered if there was anything I could to to lessen the look of the scratches.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Eastwood's has a glass polish that will take out scratches that aren't deep enough to catch your fingernail.

------------------
Rick Sutter
Member #383
'67 Chevelle Super Sport
67SS.com

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
I have never tried it myself, but jewelers rouge is supposed to work well for things like wiper scratches.You should be able to pick some up at a jewelry store. I would try it on an old piece of glass first.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I found the best thing to use was a hammer. Not one scratch remained after one application.

------------------
Redrum (or Mike)
68 Corvette - 383 CI 427 HP
69 SS Chevelle being updated to Pro-Touring
97 Z-28

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Okay, I am going to be a Guinie (sp?) pig here and go get some of that jewelers rouge and try it on and old wind shield. Will let you know how it works

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Well I went to a local goldsmith and he gave me 2 types of polish.I went down to a friends wrecking yard and found a car with wiper scrathes. Niether polish worked. Seems the only one with the answer is redrum.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
The Eastwood product will work on fine scratches on the windshield only. The windshield is laminated glass, two pieces bonded together.Itis(softer) glass the the tempered side glass.

65Camino
355ci. 700r4 4wheel diskbrakes auburn posi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.