Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 800watt Kenwood amp and some 6x9's im somewhat happy with it so far. My head unit itself sucks It got burned in a small welding fire :D Instead of replacing the stereo, I was thinking of taking it out and blocking off the hole in my dash. Some of the 6 & 10 Disc Changers have this little remote with them, would it just hook up to the amp? I wouldnt even need the stereo would I? I just want cd's, no radio matters. Could it work this way? I was looking at stuff like this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2467979197&category=43948

·
Premium Member
17,418 Posts
Not sure, but most of the CD changers I have seen require the stereo head unit...

Alot of them play through an FM "station" on your stereo...

The changer doesn't have outputs (usually?) that will interface directly with an amp.

On my Sony, the remote controls the changer (disc, track, etc) but not the volume, bass, fader, etc... Still need the stereo head unit for that...

You can buy a decent, name brand headunit for probably under $100... You want something with pre-amp outputs, and maybe something compatible with the CD changer you choose too... Of course, many changers are also available that will work with almost any head unit...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks! I figured that I guess. Sounds about right. Ive just got the big stereo debate going right now, what to use....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts