Team Chevelle banner

Anyone using "powermaster" alternators?

1252 5
Quick question, is anyone using Powermaster alternators, are they good quality...the book does not say rebuilt, so one would have to assume its new. Opinions?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
I run a Powermaster 100 amp 1 wire alternator. I got it for $75 which was a Super Chevy show price, but they were sold out at the show. A month later I called and they honored the show price.

The alternator comes with a dyno sheet showing amperage output at certain rpm's...very well built units using all US made parts.

------------------
Malibumotorsports
79 Malibu, 414 ci BBC, 3550 lbs.
10.92 @ 122 mph, 1/4 mile
6.93 @ 99 mph, 1/8 mile
1.55 60'
BSE Power

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Todd, Thanks for the info, Original Parts Group has them for 89.00 chromed. Although i should update to a 1 wire, they say they can be used either 1 wire or 3 wire. i have been doing a "refresh" underhood, now my old (tacky) alternator needs to be replaced. Based on what you said...I think I'll order one.........thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John, Thanks for the suggestion. Earlier I tried Powermaster (1 word), and got nothing. I was glad I tried it, doesn't look so good now. maybe I'll stick with a GM. Function over appearance..........you need a good alternator!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.