Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided that the edlebrock heads were alittle out of my price range and i'm now looking at the s/r torquerer heads. Has anyone had experience with these. Also has anyone bought anything from aerohead racing components, because they only want 600 for them.

thanks lucky3

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm also looking at using them,
I like the idea of the 58cc chamber to raise the compression of my 72 350, let's see if anybody has actually done it, as a note, I heard about using them from a local guy who builds motors, and likes them for street stock motors.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I have SR Torquers on my 350 in my 66EC. I very happy with them. I used the 76cc model with a steel shim gasket. Gives me a nice tight quench (.039) plus just about exactly 9:1 (8.99:1) compression. They should be able to make around 400hp with the right cam. The only thing I did to them before mounting was to clean up the machined deck surface at the combustion chambers. This was just to remove any potential hot spots. One nice thing is the ports matched with the Fel-Pro gasket I used. I recommend them. They are very nice.

Rick: I'm not sure using the 58cc version (305 version, I guess) is a good idea. I'm pretty sure the valves are smaller and they may be shrouded by the side of the combustion chamber. I don't know but the ports may be smaller, also.

If your deck height is less than .020 you'll have to use a thick head gasket. This will set the quench between .039"/.041" and .060", depending on deck. If the deck height is more than .020 use a shim gasket for a quench of .035" (the minimum) to .045?" again depending on deck height. Compression ratio will be right around 8.9-9.0. 58cc head will run compression up to around 10.5, a bit high for the ultra modern fuels
we have today.

------------------
Pat Kelley
66 El Camino, daily driver
67 El Camino, STRIP/street

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.