Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know muffler man in placentia makes 'em &
a lot cheaper than dr gas , but with what results sound and performance wise ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have one on my 68 chevelle. I went from 2" duals all the way to the rear bumper with glass packs to 2 1/2", cross over tube, flowmasters and they dump out at the rear end. WOW! The difference is unbelievable! Of course, a lot of it is the new mufflers and bigger pipes, but it sounds so much cleaner and a lot more free flowig at idle. And when I stomp it, LOOK OUT! I would reccomend one for sure. Really cleans things up and helps with performance. unfortunately, I dont have any actual numbers to pass on, but I can just "feel" the improvement....all the way from idle to top end. I hope this helps ya out man.

--Jerry--

·
Registered
339 Posts
Noticeable difference in low rpm operation. Takes some of the sharpness out of the exhaust, little mellower. Not a bad deal considering the low cost. Pretty much mimics a larger exhaust system. FoMoCo used this way back in the 60s on the bigger engines.

·
Registered
111 Posts
xllr8, just a note, try and have it installed so you can remove he tranny without removing your exhaust system. Some people flange them, so you can remove the
X-over. I had mine welded in to the rear of the tail shaft so it would be out of the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.