Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
this is not a factory convertible. they didn't make these cars in a convertible body style. i don't think they made 29,000 of these either, and if they did, that wouldn't be 'rare' at all!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Yes, there were a few outfits across the country making those. They also made many more of the Buicks, Caddies and luxury cars into drop tops. Not collectable, but unique if you're into that sort of thing.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I rode in a 81 Camaro with that top conversion, neat but flexible. Worth? If I were in the market for that I'd go no more than 4k. I like 2 gen F bodies even had a few. That said, its a car that was not designed to be a convertible, enough said.

·
Gold Founding Member
64,281 Posts
ASC American Sunroof Corp. They will convert anything to a convert. They do all the big three proto converts and moon roofs. linkage http://www.ascglobal.com/ Chris
I wonder if that's the same people that converted all those 70-72 Chevelle convertibles into Monte Carlo convertibles way back when. :confused:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
those guys are aholes!!! i have seen them at many swap meets and car sales, they always offer top dollar to guys selling cars first thing in the morning saying they will come back with the cash at the end of the day and then just before the swap meet is over they go back and tell them they found better cars and would still buy for like 1/2 or a 1/3rd of their original offer being all the real buyers had left by then!!!
i wouldnt buy a toy car them them idiots!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all ,

I saw once such convertible Firebird at a meeting in Antwerp , Belgium , the owner told me that his car had been modified in UK ...

He told me that only 6 of them were made , I took his word for what it's worth ...

Regards ,

Laurent

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
First I have ever heard of one also. If 29k cars were built, you would think they would have been a lot more known nowdays. Thats not exactly a rare number.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.