Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious if anyone here is running them and if they have ever had any issues with them on their cars?

Thanks
Tom

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
I am running 4 cars with year of manufacture plates. Never had any kind of problems, and I drive them all over, all the time. Except Winter.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Only concern I've ever heard was this year at woodward. I was told that the Royal Oak police were ticketing cars w/ historic plates during the weeknights before the official cruise because the plates are speciifed for parades use only, and the parade was scheduled for Saturday. Don't know if it was true, but that's the rumor.

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
You can always find a "Barney" that interprets the law the way he wants too but I've used the year of manufacture plates for years now and had no problems. You get pulled over and tell the cop that you are on the way to a car club meeting. Just don't try to use them on a daily driver.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
No problems, travel all over the US in our car. I had to explain it to an Ohio State Trooper, but he was cool. No, he didn't pull me over so don't even go there. :D

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Only concern I've ever heard was this year at woodward. I was told that the Royal Oak police were ticketing cars w/ historic plates during the weeknights before the official cruise because the plates are speciifed for parades use only, and the parade was scheduled for Saturday. Don't know if it was true, but that's the rumor.
Heard that last year too. Thats is the cops way of harrassing people that are out cruising Woodward before the cruise. Other than that, I have never had a problem with the year of car plates and mine has been on the car for a few years now. Also, I think I got a discount on my Chevelle insurance by having that plate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts