Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I burnt thru another pair of ET Streets, so I am in need of new tires. Any info on the Street radial? Do they hook hard or are they just another radial? I've run 2 pairs of 28x11.50x15 on my 66, but am thinking maybe I can sacrifice a little traction for wear.

·
Registered
55 Posts
on a 275/60/15(28") M/T Drag Radial,My old Gn just put down 1.41-1.42 60' times 4 passes in a row...That is a 10.30-10.40 car.

Best 60 on a full slick was a 1.44..

They will last way longer and hook much better than the ET streets you have on the car now....Let alone ride 100 times better.

Oh yeah...Tire pressure was 22psi for those runs.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I myself run American Racers due to the cost ($125.00 a piece) as well as the size I want. But, I do have a friend that used to run the M/T E/T Streets and has since switched over to the Radials and ran faster times!! He was running in the low 10's.....now he hit the high 9's.

·
Registered
827 Posts
HI this is a interesting posting and I myself was wondering about the mt tires.I was looking at the et street slicks but after hearing about the radials I may get them instead.Do you run a tube in the radials..thanks for any info you can provide

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.