Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for anyone that has bought wheels from Gmpartsdirect.com. Specifically, I'd like to know if you had problems with damaged wheels?

I'm thinking of ordering a set of wheels for my S-10. Wondering if it'll be more hassle than the killer price they have going right now.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even with shipping, Gmpartsdirect will save me $400. I typically order GM parts from a Buick dealer in Akron, OH. He's had issues with wheels being damaged in shipment and prefers not to ship wheels anymore. So, I'm wondering if wheels shipped from Gmpartsdirect get to customers with no damage.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not that anyone cares, but I wanted to post back to my own post :yes: . I went ahead and ordered the ZQ8 S-10 wheels that were on the 1994-1997 SS S-10s. Total price was $394 w/shipping (shipping was free - special deal going). And Gmpartsdirect threw in a free GM wheel lock set ($25 value). At a local dealer the list price was $745 w/o tax and $28 for the wheel lock set. So I saved over $400. Sweet!

The cool part is they just shipped yesterday. Gmpartsdirect was on the ball with this order. They've been a bit slower in the past in both response to e-mail and shipping. They were in turbo mode this time :cool: .

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Just for information, that site is owned and operated by a car dealership. They are Flow Chevy in North Carolina. I've bought parts from Flow before.

"GMPartsDirect.com is independently owned and operated by Flow Chevrolet"

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just for information, that site is owned and operated by a car dealership. They are Flow Chevy in North Carolina. I've bought parts from Flow before.

"GMPartsDirect.com is independently owned and operated by Flow Chevrolet"
Yep, known that since I placed an order back in 2001. They have always done me right. Just wish they had a phone number to speak to someone. I usually order from a guy named Dal who works for Van Devere Buick in Akron, OH as he is quick to take your order and ships parts out pretty quick. Plus, his prices are about 10% over wholesale (so I've heard anyway) and shipping is actual cost.

·
In Memory of Kevin
2,171 Posts
not that anyone cares, but I wanted to post back to my own post :yes: . I went ahead and ordered the ZQ8 S-10 wheels that were on the 1994-1997 SS S-10s. Total price was $394 w/shipping (shipping was free - special deal going). And Gmpartsdirect threw in a free GM wheel lock set ($25 value). At a local dealer the list price was $745 w/o tax and $28 for the wheel lock set. So I saved over $400. Sweet!

The cool part is they just shipped yesterday. Gmpartsdirect was on the ball with this order. They've been a bit slower in the past in both response to e-mail and shipping. They were in turbo mode this time :cool: .
they had 2 guys out of the area, there are 2 guys that work the website........ they were both taking turns...... back to Biz as usual

1 - 10 of 10 Posts