Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped in a local muffler shop today to get a part I needed. Turns out they are quite the bunch of car guys (not always the case just because they work on cars in my experience). Anyway, one 'em had a freshly rebuilt 454 (Mark IV) tucked away. It is a 10.5 CR fresh rebuild with forged pistons and crank that has not yet been fired. It currently has a tunnel ram with dual Holley's and is priced at $3900.00. It was partially covered in plastic so I couldn't really determine important things like rect. vs. oval or casting numbers or dates, but it was all iron. I saw no air cleaners, exhaust manifolds or pulleys on it or near it, but everything else seemed in place.

I don't have too many details but if anyone is interested further I can find out more. I don't know if he'd sell the long block separate from the induction system or if the price is reasonable, but everything looked quality. No idea how long it's been sitting but the dust on it was very slight.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
The sound you hear is the gnashing of teeth from repressed desire. If I had the bux I'd be on the phone now.

------------------
1970 SS454 LS6 Chevelle, Damn! why did I sell that car?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.