Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an old Coke machine with the vertical door on the side where you pulled the glass bottles out. I believe it took 12oz bottles?

Anyone else have one of these? I'm trying to find a source for soda. Doesn't need to be coke, I just want to be able to use the machine this Summer.

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
Byfield,

A former co-worker and a friend of mine is a big-time Coca-Cola enthusiast. She has an original machine (sounds like yours). If remember right she was stocking it with the 8 oz. glass "retro" bottles. I used to be able to get these, now it seems like they gave the corporate axe to these, but they do still make the old time "tall" glass bottles. My sister and bro-n'-law brought some by (made in Mexico of all places, but sold to US consumers here in the US). I can try to get more specifics if you like.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
The bottles we had at the gas station I worked at (73-77) had 10 oz bottles. We must of had 20 different kinds of pop in that machine. I remember we had to change it from a dime to fifteen cents in 75! :cool:

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THanks! Any info you can find would be excellent

I did just discover that theres a coke plant in MN that still fills the smaller glass bottles. Looks like road trip time

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I've got an old 7-up machine like that. It doesn't work but it's all there. Does anyone need this? I was gonna paint it green metalic and put silver flames on it for that "cool factor"

·
Registered
579 Posts
last time i went to school in parsipany nj they still had that exact coke machine and coca cola was stocking it. they also were in parsipany nj only about 1/2 mile from the omc training facility. that was in 1999.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is a website\forum much like this one. It is soda-machines.com. It depends on what brand and model number of machine that you have, some have adjustable shelves and will vend many differant bottle types. I buy and sell these machines alot.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a website\forum much like this one. It is soda-machines.com. It depends on what brand and model number of machine that you have, some have adjustable shelves and will vend many differant bottle types. I buy and sell these machines alot.
Thanks, just found them on google and posed the same questions. Hopefully this summer I can get it fired up and in use

·
Registered
55 Posts
Boy, do I remember those with the small vertical door and bottles laying on there side.

I went to visit my sister at school in Georgia with my parents (I was about 10 years old) and I went through that machine with a bottle opener on the exposed caps while holding a catch cup underneath them and then used a straw to get the rest out!!!

Yeh, I didn't get in too much trouble when they figured it out! Ha Ha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts