Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like the general impression here is that Chevelle pricing has come down from last year. I'm looking for a late C-1 Vette (preferably '59 or '60) but just got the bug so I haven't been watching prices. Has anyone got a feel for where prices in general are at? Up? Down? Holding steady?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I think they're pretty reasonable in comparison with Chevelles.

I've watched the market on both over the years as these are the main two types of collectible car's I'm interested in.

The Mid YEar and Classics have always been just out of my reach with Chevelles a much more reasonable purchase.

Now that it is so easy to spend $50K + on a 70SS, you can get into a lot of pretty Nice Mid Years at that range. The Classics pull slightly higher into the $60's and up but some nice drivers can be found.

I think more acurately over the years, it's the Chevelle prices that have gone up to catch the vettes, more so than the vette prices coming down.

If I had every penny back I have into my 70, I'd be looking hard at a Mid-year Coupe.

The vettes do seam reasonable in comparison with the exploded prices of the 70 SS Chevelle.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Watching the televised Mecum auctions from Indy over the last several weeks, it's clear that vette prices are down too.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
non original '58-'62 corvettes are still attainable by us 'regular joes'. nice original cars you can expect to pay in the $60-$70k range and up. but one with a 350, aftermarket wheels, etc... can be had in nice driver shape for in the $40's.
last summer i bought an original '63 conv in nice driver condition for $33k with both tops, matching #'s, very original three owner car. i know it's not exactly what you describing, but in the ballpark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts