Chevelles.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in a circuit that makes your front marker lights blink with the corresponding front turn signals so your Chevelle is more modern?

Stock Chevelle front markers are just "ON" at night. With this they "wink" with the turnsignal to indicate you are turning from the side view to motorists.

I've designed a circuit, it requires no wires to be run from the inside or battery, it splices into the existing marker/turn signal wiring.

If there's any interest, I'll do a write-up on it at my website.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Coppertop.

I'd like to see it..Sounds cool.

Tim

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts
Mongo confused.

So for my 71, the is a front section that only receives the blinking light... while the side view is just a constant running lights signal? or do you speak of the in bumper lamps?

Joe, I want mine to blinking at an alternating rate. Like the newer "modern" cars do. that is the front lights up, while the side is off. then they alternate back and forth
can you say SPDT, new ya could

------------------
Big Block 402, TH400, 3.73 posi,
13.1sec @ 105 MPH (poor 2.1 sixty foot and rookie tuning)
--will be racing at Chevellebration 2001!--
Picture of me roasting the tires and other guy stuff
Video of me staging (smoke of course)

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
This is a funny coincidence because earlier today I was thinking of putting 1157's in there, but was wondering if 4 1157's up front would be too much for the flasher. Of course, I'm getting a nice bank of relays going, so it wouldn't hurt to add one more, huh?

Anyway, I'd like to see your circuit. Sounds like it may be cooler than my ideas.

------------------
My Elky Page Updated 7-21-00
"Think for yourself. Don't let popular opinion make your decisions for you."
Chad Landry
TC Member #643
'68 El Camino

·
Registered
777 Posts
Count me in, I have thought about why they didn't make them that way from the factory, but haven't ever had the ambition to follow though with it. Thanks for doing the work for us!!

Bill C.

------------------
Bill C.
'71 SS (now with 468BBC)
'70 Nova 350/700r4
ACES #2780
Colo Spgs, CO

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
See my other post, "Anyone interested Part II" for the diagram.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts