Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the archives and current topics looking for the URL/web address to "Jimmy"'s Dash Conversion information. Is he still around? Has anyone else posted the information? Did anyone print off a copy of "Jimmy"'s info?
I have a 1972 ElCamino w/sweep dash and like the looks of the SS Dash. I picked up a Monte Carlo dash and want to gather info before I tackle the conversion project.
Thanks, Ken
RubyRed Corvette and RubyRed Camino

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
I was in contact with jimmy as late as Nov 2003. But several recent emails have bounced back. I've tried googling his sites, but nothing new turns up. I need to contact him and may try his snail mail address. Wish I could tell you something positive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just installed a 72 Idiot Light dash in My '70 Malibu. While it was complicated by the 70 to 72 mismatch it still wasn't too bad. To make everything go smoothly make sure you have a '72 Monte dash wiring harness. This will allow you to simply plug the dash harness fusebox into the two engine bay harnesses at the firewall and everything will be compatible. If you use a 70 or 71 harness you will have to search out Elree Colby's detailed description of the required mods to the bulkhead connectors. I too tried to find Jimmy's conversion page and came up empty so I went on without it. Good luck Randy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by rubyredvette:
I have searched the archives and current topics looking for the URL/web address to "Jimmy"'s Dash Conversion information. Is he still around? Has anyone else posted the information? Did anyone print off a copy of "Jimmy"'s info?
I have a 1972 ElCamino w/sweep dash and like the looks of the SS Dash. I picked up a Monte Carlo dash and want to gather info before I tackle the conversion project.
Thanks, Ken
RubyRed Corvette and RubyRed Camino

·
Registered
20 Posts
I too am attempting to convert a sweep speedometer cluster to the SS Tach Round Gauges in my 71 Chevelle. Wanting to continue using as much of my Malibu wiring harness as possible and acquiring the SS Tach plug for the printed cirduit, I sure would like guidance. Does anyone have suggestions? Secondly has the "Jimmy's" conversion data surfaced?
Thanks
bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts