Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Holley 3310 with Proform main body,QFT billet metering blocks (both blocks have idle mix adjustment screws).

Pic of the current setup. http://www.finitesite.com/markwallas/man11.jpg

I called QFT and they said all I need to do is drill the secondary idle ports to match the primary. Is there any thing else to look for while the carbs apart?

The plan is to install .035 IFR's front and back metering blocks, replace the secondary IAB's to 70's to match the primary, and drill the secondary idle ports.

Am I missing anything?

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
what's the idle speed of your 406? do you really need this mod?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
They told you right. The metering blocks and main body are already set up. You just need the discharge ports in the plate and enlarge the air bleeds. You may want to go smaller on the IFR's though. Start at .029" and see how it runs.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will idle in park at 12-1300, in gear 1000 stalls in short order.Current setup has .031 idle feed restrictors, and 70 primary idle air bleeds,3/32 holes in all four throttle plates.Idle mix screws are out five turns.(Secondary idle mix screws completely closed.)

In the past I tried drilling the primary idle feed restrictors to .035,didn't have the QFT secondary block at the time, and when that didn't work,went to the QFT blocks, which came with .031 idle feed restrictors installed.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Timing is 36 total,locked out.If I can get the carb to idle after these mods, I may try to put back with the advance mechanism.

I had 18 initial,36 total mechanical, and a NAPA vacuum can that pulled 16 more with only 8 inches of vacuum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.