Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not that worried yet but I orderd some front springs the 17th and now it is the29th, and no sign. The order form online had nothing about shipping and gave no options..Whast's the deal?

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
I've used them almost exclusivley on my '70 El Camino resto and have been more than satisfied with the products and service. Others have not, however. You may hear offline from Von Cassidy with details.

------------------
"SSuper Dave" Palmer
A.C.E.S. #1483
Team Chevelle #32 Gold
1968 Chevelle
1970 El Camino (in progress!)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Mike,
I've had excellent dealings with Ground Up. Try calling them and checking on your order. They have a Toll Free Number: 1-866-358-2277
If still can't work it out, try emailing Al and see if he can work things out with Ken.

------------------
Better Late than Never Fred
Team Chevelle #400
ACES #4055
Denton ...The home of happiness.
1970 Chevelle Malibu

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Ground up shipped me two new tail light lenses. One was broken. Ground up sent me a new one no charge.
No complaints at all!

Dave

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mike, Ordered both front and rear springs for my 66 around Christmas time. Phoned in the order and received them in about a week. I was impressed. Hope you get yours soon.

------------------
Scott Dunn
T.C. Member #678

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I've ordered some minor stuff from them without problem. However, I would always do my ordering by phone, rather than on line, that way you will know if the items are in stock or not.

I'm sure everything will work out for you.

------------------
ACES #4241, TC #947
69 SS Sedan

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
I have had good n bad with them... I get nyce parts, but a few times on the phone the main guy acts a lil bit snotty and like I'm not worth his time. Not sure if he is a "people" person or not... But the parts did get here on time. Better than Muscle Car out west does. Takes them weeks it seems like....

------------------
'65 Maliblue 406SBC/PG TC #811
'94 Camaro 1LE (original owner)
'97 HD Softtail Springer

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Ordered some seat covers and foam buns from them for a fellow Chevelle owner who needs a liver transplant and wanted to get the stuff to other TC folks who were helping him get his car in shape. G-UP said they had them and would ship next day. About 10 days later I get a call from the Chevelle owner saying nothing has arrived.
Called G-UP and they said "oh yes your order is on the dock, we are waiting for the buns to arrive today". Told them to cancel buns order and send seat covers overnight to Houston (they agreed to ship overnight and pay the premium) Three days later a set of buns arrives at my house in Fort Worth. Called them and sent them back freight collect and they were OK with it.

Bottom line, I think they are busy and understaffed but I would appreciate a phone call or email if they don't ship on the day they say they are.

------------------
1970 SS 454 Hardtop
1970 SS 396 Hardtop
1993 SS 454 Red Pickup
TC Gold #155

[This message has been edited by Chuck Nixon (edited 04-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Chuck Nixon (edited 04-29-2001).]

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
Great products, so-so service. I had a hard time getting a catalogue, actually. My catalogue order was ignored because I have to pay since I live in Canada, but no one at GU bothered to tell me. Eventually got one after numerous phone calls.

Just to add also, I hope no other members or moderators see this as " bashing ". A fellow member has asked our opinion and everyone that has responded so far is just relating his experiences.

------------------
Dan Orgill

G

·
ordered control arm bolts on the 18th.havnt seen them yet
. I called them on the 28 th and they said they arrived at G-U on the 24th and was sent out on the 26th.they didnt bother to tell me they were not in stock when I ordered.If they are going to have to order everything after I place an order, Im not using them anymore. I dont need a middle man.unhappy with them at this time.

------------------
Michael
T.C. member # 758
ACES member # 4292

project>> 69 malibu convertible in pieces
>>----> love to bowhunt<----<<

·
Registered
994 Posts
Better not say anything bad about Ground Up or you'll have 4,000 Chevelles storming your front gate for a blanket party

They are very kind and helpful people, even if they are New Yawkers

I have ordered carpets, and interior stuff without incident. Keep in mind, it does take longer to get stuff from the East Coast. Sometimes a company will get the order on day one and get sent out on day two, OR not have it in stock and have it shipped to you factory direct.

Your springs will probably be laying on your door step when you get done surfing Team Chevelle

------------------
Dale
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430HP / 4L60
"Canyon Carver"

www.chevelles.com/showroom/elkydriveway1.jpeg

·
Registered
982 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cardiac:
They are very kind and helpful people, even if they are New Yawkers
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are all such pleasant people....calm and polite always...never rude

I've had o.k experience with them, nothing disastrous that I'd get postal about or anything, but for me, a plus is conveneince, since they are about 5 minutes from me.

[This message has been edited by Big Block Dave (edited 04-30-2001).]

·
Gold Founding Member
1970 Chevelle Convertible & 1965 Chevelle SS Convertible
1,284 Posts
Surprised to hear - I have worked with these guys through my resto project, Ken, Shawn, Joe and Maria - great people. Whenever there was a problem these guys worked with me and resolved them ASAP.

I can't complain - very happy with the service and the parts.

Rich

------------------
70 SS - L34
Member # 442
www.chevelles.com/showroom/richr1

http://www.my70ss.com

·
Registered
543 Posts
when I ordered my 7blad fan&clutch kit I also opdered a new shroud, they shipped everything but the shroud. When I called they just said "oops its here on the loading dock". Couple weeks ago I ordered chevelle floormats, $100 and they said 5 days ups. 11 days later I recieved camaoro floormats, they explained that was all that was available but the woule pay shipping and refund my money. But I've had similar with year one, opg, npd etc. sp lond as they take care of it, it is mail order after all

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
It might be mail order, but usually I ask a few ??'s before I place the order... like is it in stock?, when do you ship?, who do you ship with and the usual time it takes etc... Worst of all is to call and have an order in hand and then be told "we don't carry that item anymore" sorry..... But ALL the companies out there seem to mess up the orders at some point.

------------------
'65 Maliblue 406SBC/PG TC #811
'94 Camaro 1LE (original owner)
'97 HD Softtail Springer

G

·
I usually see them at a swap meet and buy there. They have a great selection of detail stuff.

BUT

A good friend is having problems getting battery cables he DESPERATELY needs. And he's getting hotter by the day. Don't think he got the "loading dock" story.

Rick

------------------
'69 SS 396 L78
'81 GMC Caballero 4 speed
Team Chevelle Gold Member #152
ACES #560
FORMER NCOA #2615
www.veriotraining.com/mcc/jun99.htm

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have only ordered from them twice.So far no complaints here. I actually got my orders faster then I'd expected.

------------------
Dennis Jones TC Member#940 72 Malibu Project

·
Registered
994 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Block Dave:
........a plus is conveneince, since they are about 5 minutes from me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBD, wanna be our "Complaint Department Manager"

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.