Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading about the seam on top of the quarters between the deck lid and top well. Most have said that it should be filled. I know when cars have been painted they often fill these but I would really like to see how some original cars are before I fill these. Any have an original paint convert?

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Converts were filled, hardtops have seams. If you are repainting your car and it is cracked there you must repair it all the way down to metal or else it will just come back.

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
They (verts) are leaded in originally. I welded mine up. The last vert I had the people who did the body work filled with filler. It cracked after about a year.

·
Registered
13,035 Posts

·
Premium Member
Central Iowa
2,061 Posts
Just trying to get more correct info out in the open for future reference for folks on the rear seams... as it is clear that some years the seams were filled and some years not. Maybe the folks in the know will get the facts straight so when folks do searches they dont have so many differences of opinion. Doing my best to put the spotlight on this issue for folks that want or someday will need to know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts