Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1970 El Camino Custom and I looked on the build sheet and it says that it was shipped to Carpenters Inc. in Durham, NC. Anyone know anything about this dealership? The name kind of confuses me because I'm not sure if it's the dealership name or a real carpenter company? Can anyone help? Thanks!!

1970 Chevy Custom EL Camino aka Kaileigh
136800B122947 | 11-25-69
Green Mist w/Green Vinyl Top
350/300HP S/B Dual Exhaust

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, I just happen to have a Durham NC phone directory on my desk here. There is not a Carpenter's Inc. listed. So it appear to be gone. --- Carl

·
Registered
2 Posts
i work for tom brooks chevrolet - buick in Lenoir,N.C. and have never heard of that dealership but ill try to find out for ya an post it here later.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Chad. Here's the full address from the build sheet if anyone wants to know: Carpenters, Incorporated 616 East Main Street, Durham, N.C., 27702.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Carpenter's Chevrolet was the largest Chevy dealership in Durham from the early 60's to the early 70's. They have been replaced in the downtown area by Rick Hendrick Chevrolet now.

------------------
Bob (Creedmoor,N.C.)
65 Vette B&M Blown, Richmond 5-speed
68 Malibu B&M Blown, Turbo 350 10" converter

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot Bob. I wasn't sure if it was a dealer or something else. I will be sure to keep this in my records.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.