Team Chevelle banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a phone call seems about impossible with these places.
And rates are out of this world.....I want to pick up two C4s, open transport.
Ones local I can handle myself, the other in PA.
Need to get a price asap so I can do a final negotiation.
Recommendations? an open transport is just fine, nothing fancy needed.

·
Premium Member
13,792 Posts
Truly Vintage Auto Transport, an approved vendor here or something like that, I can't seem to find the post.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Getting a phone call seems about impossible with these places.
And rates are out of this world.....I want to pick up two C4s, open transport.
Ones local I can handle myself, the other in PA.
Need to get a price asap so I can do a final negotiation.
Recommendations? an open transport is just fine, nothing fancy needed.
Uship hands down!!
I'm in ny . Had cars shipped from cal. Indiana. Minnesota. Kansas .
You can get it CHEAP to . If you know how to work em that is lol.
.shippers bid on movin stuff
If your a gamer you can get it for low LOW

·
Registered
172 Posts
Most companies that I have found are basically only a call center. You contract with them, they out source the transport to a 3rd party. I went through that a few years ago. I bought a 72 Malibu convertible on ebay located in PA near Pitt., contracted an enclosed hauler. It needed resto and had no top. Car showed up on a flat bed trailer and they put the straps over the car, denting the tops of the doors. Calls to the company I contracted went un-returned. Just my experience.
Good luck.
Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Colonels Choice. These guys were absolutely awesome, and cheaper than everyone else I priced, by a few hundred dollars. They were recommended from an archive post here. They are word of mouth only, use the email link on the site and they will respond within 24-48hrs. In terms of their quality and care...before moving my '68 to GA from PA, they moved a 2020 Ford GT with custom Gulf Livery it was the #5 production vin. They service the entire coast east of the Mississippi River.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used PassportTransport to move my car from Delaware to Florida. Covered 18 wheeler. It was $1200 4 years ago when I moved.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I've had good experience twice with this family run transport business.
Its office number is (603) 289-0189. Its fax number is (603) 289-0189. You could learn more information about Bicentennial Transport Llc at its website: www.76transport.com

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dansk, will try them tomorrow. After a few weeks, Reliable Carriers sent an email promising a quote tomorrow.
Even the guy who picked up my 88 (owns a transport co) flaked.

If it wasnt so far Id pay Uhaul 150 to toss a hitch on my truck and go get it myself but PA is a little far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts