Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Am ready to purchase new posi, gears, axles and hardware for my 69 but have never set up a rear end. I have a nice shop behind my house with a lift, air, ect.. I'm hoping/looking for someone who is experienced with set up to help. If you are interested, and of course experienced with set up, please let me know. Thanks guys!

Brian

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could drive to Kentucky I guess, the local beverage might be a problem though, if it's got alcohol in it anyway. Don't know what it is about alcohol and my body but every time I drink it I break out. In hand cuffs!!! Wish I was the type that should have one or two, I envy you guys that can. So I decided a few years back it's much better for my family and I if I just watch. Plus I make an excellent designated driver. Hope that wasn't to much information. Although Kentucky is probably 10 or 15 hours away, my wife is 8 months pregnant, boy I might be in trouble running off that far!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave, if you never had any problems, why do you say, "never stopped when I shoulda?" Just wondering! Boy we get off the subject when it gets late, HA! Still need help with set up by the way.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I can give you advice over the forum. I have done alot of ford 9 inch and alot of corvette rearends. Setting up the gears is basically all the same. You are trying to get a proper pattern, bearing preload and backlash.
I do NOT use crush sleeves. I always use solid spacers. It is alot easier that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts