Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
came across this in a magazine at the docs office, Seems interesting if it works, just wondering if anyone has tried them

http://www.pulstarplug.com/index.html at $25 a piece They would need to make huge difference before i'd try them, but just curious what every one thought

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I'll keep my $1.29 autolite's!!

·
Banned
10,053 Posts
I will stay with the $3 autolite race plugs, they have performed better than Accel, NGK and all and last longer

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Hey Brian, this could get you that 9 sec. E.T. you've been looking for, at only $200 it hardly seems exorbitant if it can give you a 2 1/2% power increase that would put you solidly in the nines. It should move you from 10.03 to a 9.99 even if this product only provides a 1% increase in power. If you wish to know if the product is legit, contact the BBB and check them out. Increased voltage can for sure change your times. I have a friend who used to race a S/S car and he put in a 18V ignition with a small battery a few years ago. It only powered the ignition and didn't connect to anything else. The increased voltage made his car 6 hundreths quicker 10.34 vs. 10.40. The down side was that the battery would go flat and die every winter, that company now makes a step up transformer that steps the voltage up from 12V to 18V before the primary side of the coil and performs a similar task called the (Mini-VIP, cost is 250+ S&H). What if a guy were to do both that and the new plugs? The 18V step up is marketed by Performance Distributors of Memphis, Tn. P.S....... In looking through the site there was a caution about "racing vehicles", stating you might need a much colder heat range than the Pulstars provide. It went on to give another product that is somewhat similar in concept. Read all the info. completely then decide if it's for you or not. I'm real sure about the Mini-VIP though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.