1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had one in my 92 4x4 silverado (Lock-Right) didn't need 4 wheel drive after that.
It would make a loud pop from time to time but overal traction is superior. I am going to run a stock eaton posi unit in my 12 bolt though. I was willing to sacrifice a little traction for quieter and nice street manners.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I have a lok-right in my 10-bolt. And I love it! A friend has one in his Jeep as well and loves it.

It can be noisy I guess, not nearly as loud as a Detroit Locker though. Mine also came with two set of springs that vary the harshness of the lock-up (street vs. track). I run the track (firmer) springs in mine…I'm not sure if they still sell them with two sets of springs, I bought mine almost ten years ago...man I feel old now.

And it is very easy to install, no need to adjust ring/pinion contact. Just pull the carrier, remove spider gears, install lok-right, reinstall carrier with original shims (keep them in order), fill with fluid, done.

As far as manners, street manners can be a bit subjective, a little too much throttle in a turn and a full locked rear-end can be VERY exciting, if you like drifting like I do. Yet it is completely docile with normal throttle input. Straight line hook-up is fantastic too.

I personally have ZERO arguments.

·
Registered
14,556 Posts
do a search for lock right or powertrax, lots of good info. Ive got one in my 70 with a 12 bolt and love it. jim

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I put the Lock Right in my Chevelle. It works just fine but it can freak you out when it disengages.... The 1st time it popped I thought I broke something in the rear. They are not too loud in turns but audibly click. I have been to the track a little with it but I am only running a stock 350. I tend to roast 'em once in awhile and it is doing just fine. Probably going to go to a Detroit True Trac just to get away from the popping.
Frank

·
Registered
14,556 Posts
you can get them cheaper on ebay. than summit or jegs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts