Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to cause any trouble with this site, but I am looking at buying some parts
from True Connections North. They are located in CA. If anyone has had any experience with this company, could you please e-mail me off line and let me know.
Thanks in advance,
Greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your talking about the True connections in riverside ca.,,,,I just talked to them at a swap meet this past sunday. I was looking for a vent window assembly for my 66. I talked with Kim. she told me the chrome on the item was PERFECT.. she stressed to me how it was perfect it was. So I said great, send me both sides.....needless to say , her perfect and my perfect are different. I was blown away by the crappy condition of the parts. Horrible chrome.. anyway, they have my money and I have parts 5 times worse than my originals.... I have'nt yet tried to return them. I hope they don't give me a bad time..... good luck.....

M

·
0 Posts
I've bought some stuff from them before with pretty good results although most of the parts were new. I did buy a used rear window for my 65 from them in good shape. They seem pretty honest to me and have never had problems with them replacing stuff I wasn't happy with, give them a call.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have bought several items from TCN.

Most of them in the $300 to $500 range.

They deliver a quality product at a very reasonable price.

No complaints here !

Dan

·
Administrator
3,375 Posts
ummm, hey guys. We've been over this supplier issue enough times before.

Didge asked for email, which seemed fine.
Buck, in fairness, you mentioned that you haven't tried to return them.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Communication problems can easily do a ton of damage to any company, either intended or not. I'm not going through the long explanation again of why we don't discuss suppliers here. We are considering a private 'members' area where we can talk openly on this, but until then.........<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Admin Al

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have spocken with Dick from true connections in Riverside via e-mail a number of times over the last few months,both he and his wife have been very nice (I have also spoken over the phone)and helpfull. he knows and has met the ACES President and has restored some nice cars. I am shure that Buck will not have any trouble with them. It just go's to show that some that deal in parts might see alot of parts that are in poor condtion and sell what they think are nice parts and when we get them they are not what was expected, this happens to me with new repro parts. I think most every repro part that I see I don't like, I will look for good used part that may not look as good as brand new or look very nice with some crome or paint or some resto work.I would rather have parts that look right and fit right and might not look brand new or you can see a pit or two in the crome than a new crome part that fits like crap and does not look like the part you replaced with it.

------------------
CRUISER

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.