Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Premium Member
2,231 Posts
The first time I saw it, I thought it was the most idiotic idea ever. Who'd ever watch such a stupid gameshow? Well now I'm hooked. I really enjoy it.
Me too..I like all the different rides they show..really makes you think!

· Premium Member
1,334 Posts
I love it, and most of all my sons love it too (ages 4 and 8). :thumbsup:
Normally they are watching the Disney Channel and I'd rather be doing anything else. But this is a show we all sit down to watch together before they get ready for bed.

· Premium Member
4,781 Posts
i think it's fun. first i love the diversity of the cars, then from time to time, i'm surprised how a certain combo performs. of course a lot of this is the driver. i've seen 600+ h.p. run 12's, then last night a stock 05 mustang gt ran a 13.01, that was pretty impressive. seen some hemi's fall on thier face, and have seen some s.b.c.'s run like a raped ape.

i know some of these guys lightfoot it, after all, no reason to brake something, then others come in and just run balls to the wall. i hated the vw show, i like the combo runs, and definately like it when they bring the bikes in. last night they brought in a mopar painted like a taxi. guy was vague about power, said it usually ran on adders, but last night was engine only, he ran a mid 9, wonder what that thing is good for with all the adders?

· Registered
2,010 Posts
My favorite show on speed channel.:yes:

· Registered
404 Posts
I will yell out a ET before they post thier guess and I can beat them 75% of the time. my wife says I should play because I hit the ET dead on a lot. But I do get some way off like when a tubbed out slicked camaro with a giant motor in it ran a high 12, this thing was all race down to a chute. I think they ask the wrong questions. is it a auto or standard? come on if you want to know about the tranny just ask what tranny and the drivers will spill the beans on everything the tranny has. the stock apearing cars get me the most the driver will say bone stock truck with a chip and it peals off a mid 10 second run that thing ain't stock but it is a chevy.

· Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I watch it quite often also. I like it. One show there was a very young kid with a Hyabusa(sp???) They asked how many times he had it on the track. Kid says first run. They all knew the bikes were fast but didn't think the kid would do that well. Kid left the line and they all said"he can ride" Ran a 9.2 and 154 mph I think.

· Registered
6,914 Posts
I love that show. Only thing I don't like is whe the drivers hide info. What is the point of hiding your combo? Do they get paid if they completely stump the contestants? If not give them the info and let them make a real guess at it.

The mustang last night that said it was bone stock other than a cold air kit and it ran a 13.01. That mustang was not stock. If it was that guy needs to be hored for professional driving because he made a bone stock mustang go considerably faster than anyone else ever has. Those cars are 13.8 cars stock.

Jeff

· Registered
1,348 Posts
Watch it and like it too! You feel like you know something when you get the time right and call it a guess when you don't.

I am also hooked on "Pinks" (drag racing with a little Jerry Springer thrown in:boxing:). My wife thinks it's unfair to loose your car, but my 10 year daughter gets into it.

· Registered
1,283 Posts
I love that show. Only thing I don't like is whe the drivers hide info. What is the point of hiding your combo? Do they get paid if they completely stump the contestants? If not give them the info and let them make a real guess at it.

The mustang last night that said it was bone stock other than a cold air kit and it ran a 13.01. That mustang was not stock. If it was that guy needs to be hored for professional driving because he made a bone stock mustang go considerably faster than anyone else ever has. Those cars are 13.8 cars stock.

Jeff
I saw this episode last night too. He said he didn't even have a tune and my understanding is that the Stang CAI's are useless without the tune because the computer needs to be adjusted for the increase in air. He might have been running Drag radials though. Not sure how much that would help. The wife won't let me take hers to the track :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.