Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys me and my buddy are working on a pretty cool muscle car web page... Its gonna be called www.burnouts.com so clearly our main focus is horsepower, racing, and muscle cars. Our goal is 10,000 hits a day. Anyways I am looking for videos (mpegs or avi's) of burnouts or drag races, or even cool pictures of burnouts. If you'd like your car on our web page please contact me ASAP at [email protected].

you can check out my MPEG just to see what kind of things I'm looking for...

http://members.xoom.com/69malibu

thanks a lot!!

[This message has been edited by Ryankey (edited 11-13-99).]

·
Registered
174 Posts
http://members.xoom.com/69malibu here ya go. I think sounds like a cool page let me know when it is all rdy, i will add a link to it. don't got burnout movies sorry.

------------------
OWNER OF 66 CHEVELLE MALIBU
Check out page dedicated to resto of my chevelle. still being made.
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/9801/
Team Chevelle # 424
Canadian Classics Chevelles and Beaumonts #393

Fav Quote: Second place is the first loser...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Excellent burnouts you guys! I don't have it on video, unfortunately, but I do have some pictures of a burnout I did at the Pure Stock Drag Races this fall. These are pictures of the 427 in my dad's Yenko Camaro melting the hides:

www.yenko.net/BURNOUT.jpg

Not bad for a Camaro, huh?!

------------------
Rob Clary
'70 LS-6 Chevelle
Team Chevelle Gold Member #85
Interested in COPOs, Yenkos or other dealer built muscle cars then go here: www.yenko.net

[This message has been edited by Chevy454 (edited 11-13-99).]

·
Registered
4 Posts
We use to do some great ones. About 10 of us when I was in school did a video and put music to the tape. It had had a chevelle , nova a couple of mustangs,some Dodge cars ,even some front wheel drive stuff. had some good footage one of the front wheel cars broke a cv joint and the nova put some old tires on and burned them till they blew. Don't know what ever happened to the movie..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Fake smoke, huh? Just check out the next cover of Muscle Car Review and maybe, just maybe, you will figure out why I wasn't moving. How many covers have either of your cars been on? Still a nice try for a Camaro, though, huh?

Here's another little hint: you guys had better be leery of this car if you ever try and out run it, especially if all you have is a puny small block!

Check out the article in the next Muscle Car Review about the PSMCDR...that's our car in the article, and it is us that founded, and are in charge of, the Supercar Reunion, which is featured in the VERY SAME ISSUE! Now, who needs fake smoke?

------------------
Rob Clary
'70 LS-6 Chevelle
Interested in COPOs, Yenkos or other dealer built muscle cars then go here: www.yenko.net

[This message has been edited by Chevy454 (edited 11-15-99).]

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
Rubber smoke on a dirtroad? Hey, this ain't the dukes here. That was 'evil' sealcoating /chip sealing over pavement/ whatever it is, it's the stuff that eats tires, I didn't get home. That schwinn of yours would have been a most welcome site.
Not sure if you could do a burnout with this old boy riding on the handlebars though.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Buddy:

Yeah, I was there, because I was helping run it! The guy that they interviewed about the Yenko Sportscar Club, in the yellow shirt, was my dad! We started the Yenko Sportscar Club earlier that year ('98), and had the Yenko Reunion the following Labor Day in Hendersonville, TN. We called it the Yenko Reunion because the collector in Nashville that helped us had several Yenkos, and we knew the Yenkos would out number the other dealer cars. We had a pretty good turnout, considering it was the first year. The most fun, by far, was the drag racing.

The second year ('99), we changed the name to Supercar Reunion, and moved the event to Springfield, MO. We had a larger turnout, but got rained out at the drag strip. The Yenko Stingers did get to autocross, though. We had cars by Yenko, Baldwin-Motion, Nickey, Bill Thomas, Gibb, Harrell, along with 3 ZL-1 Camaros and a couple of COPO cars. Along with these supercars, there were many muscle cars parked outside in the car corral.

Next year's Supercar Reunion will be held, once again, in Springfield, MO, and will surely prove to be bigger and better than ever. If you would like some more info about this event or about supercars, check out www.yenko.net . Enjoy!

------------------
Rob Clary
'70 LS-6 Chevelle

·
Registered
287 Posts
I happened to attend the PSMCDR and can guarantee that the smoke was real. Rob, if I knew that you were on the Chevelle list I would have said hello. Besides Chevelles, I love 69 Camaros. Yours is a nice Yenko. I hope to attend the event next year with my LS6 if the restoration is done by then.

Steve

·
Registered
286 Posts
Steve:

Thanks for the support! Hey, did you get to see the burnout? Did you by any chance notice if anyone was taping it? It would be nice to find someone with a copy. Also, do you know anyone that taped the entire event? Or maybe has tapes from prior years' events? I would LOVE to snag some of these tapes to watch this winter, just in case I get burnt out from trying to finish our projects.

Another LS-6 owner, huh?! Well, I hope to have mine there next year, along with another car (maybe our Yenko Camaro, or even our '69 Yenko Nova). Did you watch Randy Miller's car run? It will run 13.5s all day long. The quickest an LS-6 Chevelle has gone, so far, is a 13.20. I will try to find my paperwork and see who it was, but it sounds like a good goal for both of us!

------------------
Rob Clary
'70 LS-6 Chevelle

[This message has been edited by Chevy454 (edited 11-16-99).]

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey Al, I'm here to tell ya that burnouts with rubber smoke are quite possible on dirt roads. In central wisconsin, many of the 'dirt' roads are actually crushed granite, and when they haven't been graded in a while, they get really packed tight with high traffic. I learned that smoking tires was possible on these roads when I bet a friend that it was impossible, and he proved me wrong with a monster smoke generating one-wheel-wonder brake stand burnout.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.