Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning rewiring my 66 malibu. Id like to make my own fuse panel with accissory blocks from the parts store that link together. Id like to put the flasher on the same panel and mount relays too. Anyone make their own panel? What are the best parts to use? any problems? Im planning to make it function like the stock panel except with modern fuses. thanks

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Interesting....I just added an extra fuse block in my car. I installed elec fuel pump, dual elec fans, and line lock, MSD, and a few relays. I didn't want to try to tap all that stuff off the factory panel, so I just added a 6 fuse panel next to the MSD box on the firewall. I used a fusable link to make the panel hot to the battery, and ran my extra stuff off it. I kinda wish I would have rewired the whole thing though...that would ultimately be the cleanest and most functional wayto set it up.

Have you ever looked at the aftermarket fuse panels from places like Painless? I installed a painless harness in a 66 chev truck, and the fuse block was pretty sweet. It haf all the circuits you needed like stock, including flashers, and it also had some extras for stuff like fans. I think they sell universal fuse panels that use the spade fuses. Might be an alternative to making your own.

chris

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I ordered some of these for a customer and they may fit your needs.

Fuse Blocks from Pegasus Racing

We are using one 10 position for battery circuits, one 6 position for ignition, one 10 position for accessory circuits, and one 6 position for run circuits. They are made by BUSS and have a pretty good build quality. Shipping was fast over the phone with them and they also sent a catalog with the parts.

Jim/Saint Louis

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I got a panel from ARC through Jegs. It has the flasher in it and installation is a breeze. Much easier than making my own.

You could also go to a marine supply and get fuse panels for boats (very cheap). Mount a couple of those on a larger board and you can mount your flashers there. They also sell 12V circuit breaker panels for boats. I think that would be really trick in a car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.