Team Chevelle banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forumn and chevelles. I am looking to upgrade to front disc brakes and also new 15" SS rally wheels.

I really like the stance of this car. Does anyone know the wheel/tire size? I am assuming it is 15X8 in the rear and 15X 7 in the front. Does the car have a lift in the rear (air Shocks?) or taller tires. Tire size?

Anything to note when buying ront disc brake conversion? I was looking at some wilwoods but that might be over kill? Any suggestions? on a nice set up?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
First.... welcome to Team Chevelle!

Good move on upgrading to front disc brakes. You may need to also replace the master cylinder and proportioning valve. Kits are available for this popular upgrade.

Looking at the photo, it appears that the rear is at a stock height location (no air shocks which are not recommended). The front actually seems a little higher than stock height.

I’m running 275-60 15 on the rear with 8 1/4” wide rims. The front has 255-60 15 tires on 7” wide rims. It is pretty close to stock height. Hope that helps?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Really appreciate the quick response. Your car looks great! Maybe the green car posted has big block springs? Thanks again! this was very hepful.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I use the stand alone, adjustable, proportion valve.
I also use the stand alone Metering block on the front line..

·
Premium Member
13,734 Posts
Hi, I am new to the forumn and chevelles. I am looking to upgrade to front disc brakes and also new 15" SS rally wheels.

I really like the stance of this car. Does anyone know the wheel/tire size? I am assuming it is 15X8 in the rear and 15X 7 in the front. Does the car have a lift in the rear (air Shocks?) or taller tires. Tire size?

Anything to note when buying ront disc brake conversion? I was looking at some wilwoods but that might be over kill? Any suggestions? on a nice set up?

Thank you!

View attachment 702018
I think the wider/taller tires make the wheels look like 8's in the rear and 7's in the front, I'm thinking they are both 8 inch rims. Good luck with your car!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts