Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
somehow, my account is getting hijacked about once a month. i keep getting "thank you's" from people i'd either sold something to, or bought something from.

i haven't bought anything in weeks, and i've changed my i.d. and password twice in two months, then i got an e from them asking for my s.s. #. i doubt very much it was from e-bay.

you know? i've got some really good deals over the years, but it's just becoming too big a p.i.t.a. so i've been staying away.....

·
Registered
289 Posts
i haven't bought anything in weeks, and i've changed my i.d. and password twice in two months, then i got an e from them asking for my s.s. #. i doubt very much it was from e-bay.

When I ever get this crap from either Ebay or PayPal , I forward it to [email protected] or [email protected] { whichever the case may be } and every single time I am notified it was NOT sent by them and someone "phishing" for your info ...DO NOT REPLY TO THESE , just delete them :noway:

·
Registered
655 Posts
You're getting phished! Never respond to, or click on any links in an e-mail from PayPal or eBay,
oh I respond to them.:yes: when I click on the link and it asks for ebay id and password, I put something like..

i.d. yourmother21
password-suckseggs2

and then make up the other stuff as i go. atleast im going to make them waste their time trying to use the info I gave them...

·
Premium Member
7,681 Posts
Got a question about an item we had for sale, minutes later got an email from E-BAY saying the buyer was a scammer. Why not just boot him off the site instead of following him around, warning everyone.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
You're getting phished! Never respond to, or click on any links in an e-mail from PayPal or eBay, quote]

oh I respond to them.:yes: when I click on the link and it asks for ebay id and password, I put something like..

i.d. yourmother21
password-suckseggs2

and then make up the other stuff as i go. atleast im going to make them waste their time trying to use the info I gave them...
As tempting as it is, I would of just left them alone. Now that you've replied, they know they are sending these requests to a valid email, and can continue to explore.

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
As tempting as it is, I would of just left them alone. Now that you've replied, they know they are sending these requests to a valid email, and can continue to explore.
BINGO! They know they will get a response, so it goes back into a valid connection file, then is recycled again to see if they can get you again, maybe while still half-asleep or something like that.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
You're getting phished! Never respond to, or click on any links in an e-mail from PayPal or eBay, quote]

i.d. yourmother21
password-suckseggs2

I do the same thing....

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts

i.d. yourmother21
password-suckseggs2

Careful even playing around. Remember there are cookies on your PC with your login ID. If you've really logged into eBay and checked the box to remember you for 24 hours, your password is there too. You're wasting as much of your time (unless you just like to do it) as theirs, probably more. Life's too short - delete the stuff and move on. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts