Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing insurance companies and am looking at a contract with them.
They any good?

Thanks
Dave

------------------
<A HREF="http://nacs.net/~drunion/First_Page.html/
" TARGET=_blank>http://nacs.net/~drunion/First_Page.html/
</A> 69 Chevelle
454 .030 10.5:1
373 posi
M21 4spd.
12.30 @111 mph
License Plate:NTHE 12S
Me running a 12.63

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I've got Hagerty's. Nice people to deal with although, fortunately, I have not had a claim.

------------------
Bill Burke
TC#613
ACES#3920
'67 El Camino "SS"
468, TH400, 4.11 12 bolt, 13.1 @106
'80 Camaro RS
355 Vortec, TH350, 3.73, [email protected]

'67 El Rat
'80 Camaro RS

[This message has been edited by BillsCamino (edited 11-02-2001).]

·
Registered
348 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BillsCamino:
I've got Hagerty's. Nice people to deal with although, fortunately, I have not had a claim.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto

------------------
71-72 Malibu
"I'm high all right, but on the real stuff
High octane gasoline
A clean windshield
And a shoe shine"

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I dont have Hagerty but have State Farm and the classic car insurance on my Velle is 9 bucks a month for a car (havent had it appraised yet) valued at 16k....I am sure once I clean it up and install all the stuff I have for her it will appraise for more but thats what its set for now.

Is $9 a month more than Hagerty?

------------------
'70 SS 396 4spd
TC# 1341

"You're just jealous because the little voices are talking to me"

·
Registered
874 Posts
I pay $130 a year for 2 chevelles with my company through USAA. Cant remember what its called though.They appraised them for what I wanted also.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Midnight,
I'm not sure exactly what they are going to charge me yet. I need photos of all sides and trunk and hood up. Then, sign a contract for X amount I guess. It sounds like you guys are happy with them, so I'll give it a go.

Thanks for the replies.

Dave

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I have Hagerty as well, no claims yet (knock knock).

You do need a primary vehicle fully insured (they want a copy of the policy), a locked garage, & good driving record. Oh, you do not want to mention racing, or rally stuff.

------------------

Springfield, Ohio

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>name: D.G. & my 70 Malibu
<LI>http://www.wright.edu/~adams.41/chevy.htm
<LI>TEAM Chevelle Member #0086
<LI>eBay username: dg98adams
<LI>"Failure is not an option. It's bundled with your software"
[/list]

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have Hagerty and unfortunately, I HAVE filed a claim. Highly recommended. Low cost for coverage, called to file claim, within one week, check was in my hands. No 3rd degree questioning. Just asked the time and date of incident and had to send pic of damage. Couldn't have been any easier.

------------------
grnmachine1 grnmachine2 grnmachine3 interior grnmachineengine1

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Yes, I have been insured with Hagerty for a couple of years now. A great company. I interviewed 5 co.s before choosing Hagerty. Very satisfied they are carring and professional.

I also do Appraisals and live close to you on the other side of Akron, in Norton, OH
If you could use my Appraisal Service E-Mail me at [email protected] leave your number and a good time to call.

Brian
FastSS396man

------------------
69' SS396 Chevelle
L78 396/375hp
M-21 Close Ratio
10 year Resto
It's brand new again!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have had Hagerty for 8 months now and unfortunatley had to put in my first claim on my 70 Malibu. No hassles and I only had to get one estimate and send in a couple of pictures and the check was in the mail in a couple of days. I'm paying $67 a year on an agreed value of $6,000.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have my El Camino insured with Hagerty for over 2 years now. I made a claim for stone damage to the windshield this summer. The whole claim process took 3 minutes over the phone.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Something else worth mentioning about Hagarty is that you only need to carry one set of driving liability coverages if you have multiple cars. They realize that most times you are not driving both cars at the same time. However, if you DO drive both cars (wife takes one, & you the other, etc.) both are covered. This keeps the premiums down, since they know we're good risks with our "pride & joys". Also, they work to agreed values as mentioned previously & don't require an appraisal like the company that I used to be with. It was already mentioned that they DO require proof of coverages on a daily driver in addition to the Chevelle, etc. When I first heard it, I couldn't believe that the daily driver could be insured elsewhere!! Most other insurance companies that I have dealt with required something they call "supporting coverage" where you had to have a daily driver insured with THEM to get your "pleasure car" insured. Also, with the rates so low, you don't need to call someone & turn off & on the driving coverages, therefore if a rare sunny December day comes along & you want to take a drive, you're covered. Definitely worth a serious look.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I have them too for my 66 Chevelle. It's $170 per year for $10,000 agreed value coverage. It's actually called CNA now isn't it? That's what's on my insurance card. Is that what you guys have?

------------------
Bob (Pa.)

1963 Impala 283
1966 Chevelle SS 409
1969 Malibu 307
1972 Malibu 307
1969 C10 stepside 350
1971 Cheyenne 20 3/4 ton

Looking for Chevelle or Impala parts? Click here:
Chevelle parts for sale

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have Haggerty's on all 3 of my cars with and agreed total value of $64,500.00 and my premium is $436.00 per year. Fortunately I have had no accidents or claims but I am very enciouraged by what I read above & heard which supports what the agent said when I bought the insurance. Fast no hassle claims.

I just received a statement from them and they encouraged me to increase the declared value (to what is stated above) based on their perception of the market. In my heart I felt that the cars could have more real value than what I had originally declared 3 years ago but it was nice to see we were in sync and they approached me. I cannot say enough positive about Hagerty

'Da Mouse

------------------
67 SS396 350HP 4 sp 3:55 Posi Butternut Yellow w/Black Vinyl
68 RS Z/28 302 350+Hp? 4sp 4:10 Posi, Euro Red on Black
70 SS396 350HP 4 sp 3:55 Posi, Black on Black

Mytmouse A.K.A. Robert Stacho
ACES Member # 04359

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.