Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good closeup of the detail around the speedo and tach would be nice. I have my Testor's paint pen, and am ready to get after it... :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Here ya go Dash shot
No thats not rechromed or a paint pen thats metal foil(avail at most hobby shops) painstakingly applied with a steady hand and sharp exacto knife

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! That is exactly what I needed to see...

Looks awesome BTW. You have a steady hand and lots more patience than me.

You have raised another question, however. I see you have a rear window defogger. Switch is in the same location as my convertible top switch, and looks identical.

My switch is pretty bad, and nobody makes replacements. I wonder if it's the same switch as your defogger? That might help me in my search for a replacement.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Fritz,
Are you refering to the switch itself of the switch bezel that says UP TOP DN on it, because the switch bezel is available from most resto catalogs.

Brandon

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by BK72SS:
Fritz,
Are you refering to the switch itself of the switch bezel that says UP TOP DN on it, because the switch bezel is available from most resto catalogs.

Brandon
Nope, the switch itself. Bezel is perfect, retainer is fine. Switch is in pretty bad shape...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Fritz I'll check my switch this weekend. If its good I'll send it to you.
Send me your addr for shipping. I'll take your bad one in return. This is in my elky so it serves no purpose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts