Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this in the interiors forum, but only had a couple responses- I know more people have custom covers on their bucket seats...

I picked up a set of 68 Impala Bucket seats This is what their covers look like
- I'm trying to decide what to do about covers- Custom/stock- I don't know. I do know that I DON'T like the stock 1970 chevelle/elky covers, but I do like some of the other years & models designs. So anyway- I'm looking for pictures & ideas.

Anyone else have factory bucket seats with custom covers(cloth/leather/etc)? I'd love to see some pics to get ideas!

Thanks!
Ben

------------------
Ben Rambow
NECOA #022
1970 El Camino SS
My old 1969 El Camino

·
Registered
634 Posts

This is out of my dad's 72 chevelle. It has a leather look vinyl with a cloth insert and red pipe beading to match the paint. Sewn in the orginal 71-72 pattern.

------------------
1969 chevelle
built 350/th350
SCCCC member http://home.earthlink.net/~thebergmans3

[This message has been edited by 69velle (edited 01-17-2003).]

·
Registered
796 Posts
My 70 has Buckets,with 1969 Impala or Caprice material.The material has a cloth look to it liked that better than vinyl.BTW they are Black.
MIKE

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Ben,
I went sort of clean and simple with my seats in the 65, where they were aqua vinyl I went to black vinyl and where they were aqua cloth I put a grey cloth in to match the two-toned black and grey interior.(The color match is a lot closer to the eye than the cam leads to on my webpage(looks more silver on the inserts with dark grey panels in the pix))
Anyway, dunno if its an option, but I kinda like the design on those 68 impala covers! Maybe just get stock impala covers for em and put em in the elky.

Its all up to you though!

------------------
Russ (or Steve)
1965 Malibu 283/PG/A/C
Now 350/TH350 with some goodies
My Homepage **(Updated 5/16/2002)**
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Premium Member
19,960 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got my custom interior out of my 67 for sale, if your interested!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts