Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas on how to mount an aftermarket gauge panel in my 69 Malibu without hacking into the dash bezel or a bunch of wires on the floor or a wooden box like the guy at the parts store suggested! The center dash vents and radio hole are only 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 inches tall and haven't found any gauge panels that will fit that. I saw guy's 69 in the last Super Chevy Chevelle magazine that had some gauges installed where the center vents go, but not a good picture to see details.

Any pictures out there of a "classy" install for oil and water gauges? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I have been trying to figure out a good way of mounting gauges in my -69 too, but I'd hate to cut the dash. Haven't decided yet, but I think I'm going to use something like this , just an old style gauge panel mounted under the dash.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You might want to check out covans classics gauge panels. I got one for my 66 and it fit with no modification to the dash.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have seeen several guys mount 5" after market speedo and tach in the original spot just fine. As for the water temp, oil pressure, and volts, there are gauge pods for camaros that are pretty neet. Check with a first gen camaro supply place.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts