Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a hard time getting the correct part number to order a new pinion yoke for my 72' 12 bolt rearend. the numbers that the book shows are #3879208 or 3996118, I got both of them and the pinion yoke splines are to smal the go over the pinion shaft. and yes I have the right rearend cause I just but a new set of richmond 4.10 gears and a locker in the car! can any body give me a part number?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Are you looking for the stock one for a 1310 series u-joint? I put in a new driveshaft that uses 1350 series u-joints and I also had to change the pinion yoke, but I still have the original one kicking around. What province are you in? Send me an email at [email protected] if your interested, it'll be dirt cheap.

------------------
Chris Dagenais
Saskatchewan
'71 Malibu with a home built 454!
"Salad and vegetables are what food eat!"
My Page

·
Registered
119 Posts
Don't buy one from G.M. I have bought several for the 12 bolt and they a machined incorrectly for the U-joint. They are out of center and will make your driveshaft vibrate. You would be better off with one from an aftermarket driveshaft supplier like Denneys. That's were I got mine and it is straight as an arrow. Also if you want used try one off of a 70-81 1/2 Chevy pickup 12 bolt. They are the same spline. Remember that Chevelles came with 2 different U-joint sizes from the factory depending on engine size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.