Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my car and it has a B&M Quicksliver shifter on a th400. I can't get it back into Park. The indicator is stuck in Neutral. When I shift up or down, the handle moves but the indicator stays in Neutral and the shifter returns to the center position. I've tried lifting the handle to put it back to Reverse and park, but nothing works. The indicator still stay in N. Does this shifter have a ratching mode? How do I get in and out of the mode or is my shifter just binding or what?!? I'm not fimilar with this shifter.

The shifter will not lift up. Is it the cable then?

[This message has been edited by AlMyPal39 (edited 07-14-2001).]

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
This shifter is pretty simple to operate compared to some I have used. You should be able to lift the handle and push it forward into park. You should be able to do this from reverse, neutral, or drive. Ratcheting doesnt happen until you have the stick in drive, push the stick down, and ratchet back into 2 and then 1. If the shifter doesnt want to go to park, you probably have a jammed or broken shifter cable. I have never broken a shifter, but I have broken a cable from having it routed badly under the car. Try taking the cover off the shifter and unhooking the cable, if the shifter works ok then the problem is with the cable.

------------------
Dave (NY)
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
72 chevelle
TC member #493
Never forget Earnhardt!

·
Registered
994 Posts
You have to put into Drive,
Pull Up on the shifter handle,
Push the handle forward into park.

I've owned one for over 20 years and the only problem I had was my own fault. A broken cable because I didn't route it correctly

------------------
Dale
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430HP / Modified 4L60
"Canyon Carver"

www.chevelles.com/showroom/elkydriveway1.jpeg

[This message has been edited by Cardiac (edited 07-14-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.