Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put in a 700R4 behind my 400 small block. I've got TV cable, etc. dialed in, and I'm satisfied with the performance. Now I want to convert over from the column shifter to a floor shifter set up. I'm used to manual trannies in most of my other cars and would like something that gives me that feeling of control. When I look at Summit, etc I see tons of shifters from about $70 up to $270 or so, but other that reverse lock out, I don't see much real difference. Anybody recommend and specific brand/model? Any that would allow me to shift between gears (up and down) when I'm driving it hard and not have to worry about overshooting the next gear?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a b&m pro stick which is like hurst's quarter stick (white ball handle) I like and would recomend. Either one of those or the V-matic, all of those look and preform well. Don't get the b&m quicksilver, looks cheap as hell and not as good of a shifter.

·
Registered
18,902 Posts
for a car that you actually want to drive anywhere, avoid any ratchet shifter that doesn't allow you to defeat the ratchet part of it.
clicking the shifter 5 times just to get to L1 gets old really fast. if you can pull a lever to allow you to just pull it back into gear without all that silly ratcheting, it makes life much more pleasant.

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Not sure if available in a 700R but very pleased with the Turbo Action Cheetah shifter. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,994 Posts
I've got the B&M Megashifter with my TH700. I like the look and the function. You can shift it straight into drive of ratchet it, which ever you prefer. It's my second Megashifter and I would buy it again.

I like the look of the Hurst V-Matic too, but never used one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts