·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
you guys are correct! Murray dump Trac trailer. jim

·
Registered
800 Posts
my dad back in the 70's bought a g-12 miniature train,i will see if i can post up some pics,anyway he also got 6 old pedal cars,they were used in a traveling carnival and all had the pedal mechanisms removed,there was an old reo truck,a couple chrysler airflows a couple fords and a chevy.carnie's can be very resourceful,all the tires were cut up fan belts stapled together.

·
Registered
15,647 Posts
luckily she doesn't really collect anything. stuck a wheel on the tractor and zip tied the steering wheel on it.
when I boigjt the firetruck awhile back, they threw in some extra wheels, a catalog and hood ornament. I recently threw tje catalog and wheel away. just shows, never throw anything away right.
on the car. its got 2 holes on the passenger side, no other holes for a windshield. no idea what sort of accy was stuck on that side. jim View attachment 705412
I'd be more interested in that Ford TW-20

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
the Ford tractor as cast aluminum? grandkids still ride the thing. jim

·
Gold Founding Member
63,534 Posts
Back in around 1941 or 42 my dad found a 34 air flow Chrysler pedal car and took it to his body shop friend who had it looking like brand new when he brought it home to me.
It had working headlights (I never had batteries for) a windshield made of celluloid which I eventually broke out and a grill that looked real.
Man did I love that car and rode it up and down the sidewalk which went about a block down the street thousands of times for a year or so.

My older cousin started pushing me around fast and sliding the back end sideways until the rear axle broke out the seat it was bolted to.
Dad didn't repair it and it set in the junk pile for as long as I can remember.
I guess it must have gotten hauled off with the junk and wish I still had it, might be worth a lot now days.

I do still have my youngest son's plastic battery powered car that we got him back in around 1969.
It had a button on one fender to make it go and one on the other fender to honk the horn but it didn't take me long to disconnect the horn and make both buttons GO buttons.

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
watching American pickers and seeing them finding all the cool old junk, makes me wished I had more space to collect more stuff. I usually buy and sell this stuff when I do find it, then kick myself for getting rid of it after it's gone. But you really can't keep it all. I did pick up a 17th century samurai sword at a yard sale. ended up trading it away. jim.

·
Premium Member
12,188 Posts
watching American pickers and seeing them finding all the cool old junk, makes me wished I had more space to collect more stuff.
At least part of the stuff they find is staged and some is even planted. Ever notice how they seem to know particular information about the unique articles they find.

·
Registered
1967 Chevelle SS 396 L78 (Sold in 1970)
322 Posts
I’m partial to Kidallac pedal cars as I had one in the 50’s. I recently watched a Mecum auction as a bidder for one in a collection and it sold for something like $4,000! It was fully restored! Looks like I won’t be getting one of those! I also so a totally original dark blue one on eBay recently that went for around $1,250!...that one was better being all original but that was still more than I could pay and sleep well! LOL. I’d rather put that money into a REAL car!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
luckily she doesn't really collect anything. stuck a wheel on the tractor and zip tied the steering wheel on it.
when I boigjt the firetruck awhile back, they threw in some extra wheels, a catalog and hood ornament. I recently threw tje catalog and wheel away. just shows, never throw anything away right.
on the car. its got 2 holes on the passenger side, no other holes for a windshield. no idea what sort of accy was stuck on that side. jim View attachment 705412
I've got that Red tractor

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
and they're gone. now onto go find more junque. jim

21 - 32 of 32 Posts