Team Chevelle banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a yard sale find. I think its a t bird Murray car, no idea about the tractor or the tilt bed wagon.
wife thinks I wasted 50 bucks, I sold a firetruck for 100 bucks 2 years ago in about the same shape. jim 20210220_094552.jpg

Reactions: 68Chevele

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't started collecting them yet but from what i see around here 50 bucks was a steal. Did you get all 3 for 50? I plan on finding a good starter so me and my grandson can rebuild it together.

·
Registered
14,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
50 for all 3. might keep the car and sell the tractor and dump bed. actually posted them to trade for parts for my newest three wheeler project. jim

·
Registered
800 Posts
here's a good story for ya.this is long.anyway back in the early 50's my mom and dad bought my oldest brother a sad face olds firetruck pedal car,he was the oldest of 8 kids i'm no.7 it ended up at my gramma's farm,all thru the 60's and 70's seemed like every other weekend all the relatives would meet up at gramma's so thru the years pretty much all my cousins and my brothers and sisters drove that thing.well when gramma's passed away in early 80's my mom and her brothers and sisters went thru all the stuff to take what was theirs before the auction.mom grabbed the pedal car and it sat in our attic for yrs.in about 98 or so my brother asked what had ever happened to it,mom said she had no idea. so a light bulb went off in my head.i took it blasted it beat out the dents welded up the cracks then put a base/clear paint job on it,then found a place that sells the repo decals and a bell and windshield.we gave it back to him for christmas that year.mom said he had just as big a smile on his face the second time he got it.

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,847 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
man bop if that plane was an original they used to bring 2k.But with all the repo's out now it really brought the price down.
It was an AirFlow repop and they don't make them anymore. I didn't know at the time how valuable they were, it was rusty and full of holes when I got it from a friend for free.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
a yard sale find. I think its a t bird Murray car, no idea about the tractor or the tilt bed wagon.
wife thinks I wasted 50 bucks, I sold a firetruck for 100 bucks 2 years ago in about the same shape. jim View attachment 705344
I bet if they were some old dolls she would change her tune.

·
Registered
14,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
luckily she doesn't really collect anything. stuck a wheel on the tractor and zip tied the steering wheel on it.
when I boigjt the firetruck awhile back, they threw in some extra wheels, a catalog and hood ornament. I recently threw tje catalog and wheel away. just shows, never throw anything away right.
on the car. its got 2 holes on the passenger side, no other holes for a windshield. no idea what sort of accy was stuck on that side. jim
20210221_130252.jpg

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
A friend of mine is into old toy vehicles. Not the pedal cars but Tonka's etc. He thinks you got a hell of a deal. But says sometimes restoring brings the value down and better off leaving as a 'survivor'. Like old cars I guess.The car and trailer might be past that point but do research on the tractor before you do anything. Just a suggestion from someone that knows a lot more about old toys then I do for sure. No matter what, looks like a great buy!

·
Registered
14,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what's strange is its just the wheels that are rusted out. Rest is solid. I won't be cleaning them. just parking them on the patio with the rest of the junk. jim

1 - 20 of 32 Posts