Team Chevelle banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandfather has an old Ford Jubilee tractor, similiar to a 8N and he is wanting to sell it. It needs restored but isnt in terrible shape. Anyone know a website to go to to get an idea what it might be worth?

Thanks
Andy

· Premium Member
3,614 Posts
One of the major improvements of the Jubilee over the N series tractors was the overhead valve engines and the 5 spd transmission.Also heavier rear gears.One in good running shape will bring in the 2500. to 3500. range.

· Registered
278 Posts
I have a 1950 8N . If it's in running condition with rubber that holds air and all mechanical things working, including the hydraulics then its worth at least $2500. The prices go up from there for a jubilee. Thats not to say you can't find them cheaper but they sure hold their prices around this part of the country.

Just check out E-bay or google the name Jubilee and you will find a ton of info.

Bill

· Gold Founding Member
247 Posts
A good jubilee will bring in $3500-$4500 depending on con. around here. Can you send any pics. I restore them, not as much as I used to, but if it's all there and the sheet metal is org. I might be wanting it!
That pic. above is one of the old after market kits sold to fit the flat head v8. A lot of people will tell ya Ford made these,but it was after market. Rare

· Premium Member
3,439 Posts
CFR said:
A good jubilee will bring in $3500-$4500 depending on con. around here. Can you send any pics. I restore them, not as much as I used to, but if it's all there and the sheet metal is org. I might be wanting it!
That pic. above is one of the old after market kits sold to fit the flat head v8. A lot of people will tell ya Ford made these,but it was after market. Rare
Glover Equipment Company and Funk Aircraft Company teamed up building straight 6 and V-8 conversions. Ford 8N conversions I would guess that they weren't the only ones doing the conversions.

· Registered
914 Posts
My brother in law had one, I think a '51. It ran well, he used it on his 5 acres, then after he and my sister got divorced he cleaned it up and sold it for $3,000 including delivery (rented a trailer, drove it about 100 miles).

· Registered
431 Posts
pdq67 said:
We had an 8N that had the high-standard-low lever on the side of the transmission case so that it had 12 gears... Sucker would run 25 mph in road gear!!
I've seen one in action that had a three speed, step up and step down trans, with a V8. The guy claimed that it would do 60 mph. Got a video with it.

· Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CFR said:
I will snap some pics for you. It needs the motor redone and the rest needs cleaned up and painted. Its all there just the motor is apart. He had a guy come by and offer $500 for it and grandpa told him no and he called backa week later with a $750 offer and he still said no and then the guy jumped up to $1000. I tried to tell grandpa i figured it was worth more than $1000 because that guy sure came up in price fast. I kinda think he may take that offer for it but i will get some pics for you if you would be interested.

Andy

· Registered
1,548 Posts
Keith Tedford said:
A local guy put a 350 in an old Massey_Harris tractor. There was enough slosh in the loaded tires to lift them right off the ground at 50-60 mph. He was lucky to get it shut down without flipping. Crazy guys try crazy things.
383 Chryslers in Farmall M's are another easy swap.
A local guy has one and passes cars on the highway!
Another was used in a tractor pull until the M flywheel exploded injuring
a spectator.

· Registered
278 Posts
chevelless502 said:
I will snap some pics for you. It needs the motor redone and the rest needs cleaned up and painted. Its all there just the motor is apart. He had a guy come by and offer $500 for it and grandpa told him no and he called backa week later with a $750 offer and he still said no and then the guy jumped up to $1000. I tried to tell grandpa i figured it was worth more than $1000 because that guy sure came up in price fast. I kinda think he may take that offer for it but i will get some pics for you if you would be interested.

Andy
Having it apart will hurt the base price, as with all vehicles that are in pieces. It now comes down to how far is it torn down and what condition and how complete things are. Things like rear tires, sheet metal, radiator, engine block, transmission, hydaulics all play a big part. Many will walk away if they can't hear it run and test drive it. You might want to advertise it locally and see what the market value is in your area. Depenting on the condition of it, $1500 could be top dollar or a steal for someone. Bottom line is this is a desirable tractor in the antique tractor market, running or in parts.

Bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.