Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a sweet 68 c10 lwb for 3500 from a guy about an hour and a half north of me. I've wanted a " shop style " truck for a while . Something that isnt to nice but not a POS either . This truck has a 350 2bbl that runs great , 3spd on the floor , a newer bench seat and it has all the farm truck accessories including west coast mirrors and hd rear bumper , it was used for a lot of its life push starting dirt track cars . My plans include getting a shop name painted on the doors , fixing some rust , lowering it some , dog dish hub caps , tinted windows.

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That truck is sweet man , they just sit so damn high lol , but then again 50 years ago they didn't think they would be hot rods later on in life

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Yes. It's rusty and beat, but it's got good 4 wheel discs and nice aftermarket suspension. Could use a little more power, but its fun to drive and gets lots of looks.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. It's rusty and beat, but it's got good 4 wheel discs and nice aftermarket suspension. Could use a little more power, but its fun to drive and gets lots of looks.
looks good man , yea this truck for only having a stock 350 with a 2bbl moves damn good but I think it has 3.73 gears so im sure that helps

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
looks good man , yea this truck for only having a stock 350 with a 2bbl moves damn good but I think it has 3.73 gears so im sure that helps
I rebuilt the original 12 bolt rear with Yukon posi and axles, but kept the 3.73's. I have a set of steelies and chrome caps to change up the look every now and then, these are stock take-offs from a '15 Tahoe and the tires are way to big in the front, but I got them for cheap. I have a mild built vortec 355 and 700r4 I plan to swap in the next coupe months and a bench seat from a 88-92 chev with the shoulder seat belts to install. I plan to replace the floor pans and cab mounts and leave the rest. Unfortunately the entire windshield frame is badly rusted out, so I don't plan to restore it. Having a ratty truck that handles well has its benefits though :)

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
She was rough when we pulled it out of the field it had been sitting in for 18 years. I think you got the best year, love the color too!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She was rough when we pulled it out of the field it had been sitting in for 18 years. I think you got the best year, love the color too!
I love the steel wheel look im going to put 18in coys c-33 wheels on this . they look like steelies but are aluminum. does yours have PS? honestly why I fell in love with the truck is because its solid and unmolested . no one ever went in and hecked the wiring or body up so I feel 3500 bucks was fair, plus 67-68 are the best looking years imo. the bed is the worst part because some of the braces are rusted out but this isn't a resto project.

btw I have an 88 bench in this truck, super comfy but need to sit lower.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Had my 72 for a few years. Put a 5.3 4l60 and suspension kit. Used it for remodeling houses and worked great. Replaced rear springs with bags and was able to load a pallet of concrete and still do 70 down the hwy. got 30 mpg and would smoke newer muscle cars every time. Sold a month ago for $15,000. Great truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Love the 1967-72's. I've had a few K5 Blazers and Jimmy's over the years as well as a 67 C10. I wouldn't kick one out of my garage. A 72 Blazer was my daily driver (summer and winter) and newest vehicle for a few years. I'm always amazed how many unrestored C10's you still see driving around. Don't see many Fords or Dodges from those years.

Check out this forum for anything you need on these trucks:
67-72chevytrucks.com

·
Registered
85 Posts
Son is a big fan. Has a 70 GMC C-1500 (350 with a 3-speed) he bought and fixed up when he was 15 and still has 14 years later, and he also has a 68 K20 Suburban he picked up in So Cal when he was in the Marines. The K20 now has a 12v Cummins and a 6-speed he dropped in. The K20 Suburban is rare, less than 300 made I think.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
I have a 1970 C-30 with the Longhorn box, 396, 4 speed, 410 posi and CST interior. You gotta love the 67-72 Chevy trucks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I picked up a 69 short step side C-10 for my wife a few years ago. I'm in the middle of swapping the 250, 3OTT for an carbureted L31,700R4.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Been a fan of the 67-72 Chevrolet/GMC trucks for years, have owned several to include 2wd and 4wd. First 4wd was a 72 Blazer which lead me to my current '71 4x4 long bed. 350 with Edelbrock intake and 625 cfm carb, 350TH/205 transfer, added original factory style tow hooks, tach, am/fm radio, tilt column, custom 40/20/40 seat. Line-Ex bed liner and moved in-cab tank to rear under the bed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I LOVE those year trucks and I've probably owned 12 or so in the past. I had a '72 Cheyenne Super swb 4x4 loaded that I sold several years ago. It was orange (my favorite color) and of all the cars and trucks I've sold, I regret selling this one the most!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
My parents had a green 68 C10 when I was a kid. I've always liked them. I tried to buy one about 5 years ago, but the prices were already skyrocketing by then.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts