Team Chevelle banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any pics of 4 door PT's? 2 doors are every where and I have seen some awesome wagons but not much from the 4 doors. Do they exist or are they too grocery getter?

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
There was a member here with a 67 4-door with nice wheels (maybe 16 or 17 inch)..

Think he sold it, but maybe he still has pictures...

I think his Screen name is: BillsCamino
Good memory Tony! :thumbsup:
The '67 mentioned is presently owned by another TC member and resides in PA.
Shown here with 17x8" Boyd Smoothie II wheels...

I love 4 doors...so much so that I bought a 5 door! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
I have been thinking about buying a vintage/classic 4-door as an inexpensive alternative. If I could find a nice one at a reasonable price maybe.
It is hard to shell out too much money for one though as I imagine it is hard to find a buyer if you ever wanted to sell the car.
4-doors are just not popular.

(that 67 looks nice though).

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 4 door '72, im looking to go pro-touring style with it but no cash right now :( If you want a vynil (spelling) top, paint the window frames black and tint the windows. I have the only chevelle i have ever seen done this way and it looks hot. i cant post any pics though.. i dont have a camera

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
The wife and I have been talking seriously about a 67 four door post with mild PT style. They certainly aren't as cheap as they were only a few years ago!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I'm currently doing a 65 4door wagon. Dropped suspension w/ a few mods, 4 wheel disc, 16" ralleys, vortec headed 406, etc......

Not sure if its " pro touring " but it has 4 doors :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does anybody have any pics of 4 door PT's? 2 doors are every where and I have seen some awesome wagons but not much from the 4 doors. Do they exist or are they too grocery getter?
I have a 72 4 door that I just purchaced in Nov 2006 I plan to keep the original green on green paint/interior and keep the numbers matching drive train intact. I do want to add stainless steel dual exhaust with headers, 17" Torq Thrust or Boyd Coddington rims,Heavy duty frt 1.25 sway bar and add a rear 1" sway bar and tint the windows. Don't listen to those who say the four door cars are too "Grocery Getter" the truth is that the four door cars are becoming more accepted by society(4drSUV'S,4drPUTrucks,4drJeep,4drDodgeCharger) Look around at the cars being produced, the majority are four door cars. The four door chevelle and Malibu's can be purchaced for a fraction of the price you would pay for a two door that is in worse shape. I paid $2000 for my unmolested 71,000 original 307/TH350/10bolt W/AC. This granny car has the usual granny dings and scrapes but nothing to major that a paint job and minor body work won't fix. Two door cars are great and the four door cars are too. Check Ebay, there are many gem four door cars that sell for an affordable price. Find user buddyholly on this site to see his awsome bad ass 4dr Chevelle!

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts