Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here in ny state it is much cheaper to register older vehicles if you can find old plates. does anyone know where i can find 1967 ny state plates for my chevelle? should i look in hemmings?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Holy **** Lerchman! I never thought we had to secure the plates, I figured the punks in Attica would punch them out. I'm serious, I insured the car with the $10 extra historical fee. I assumed NYS issued them. The bummer of that is that "vanity plates" such as ELLE RAT or 67SSL88 wern't avail. Wow, I wonder if we can have some made?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Holy Shirt Lerchman! I never thought we had to secure the plates, I figured the punks in Attica would punch them out. I'm serious, I insured the car with the $10 extra historical fee. I assumed NYS issued them. The bummer of that is that "vanity plates" such as ELLE RAT or 67SSL88 wern't avail. Wow, I wonder if we can have some made?

( Al's excellent "content analysis" software at work.)

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 08-14-99).]

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Here in Michigan you have a choice but most people ar unaware of it, you can take the state issue plate or a plate from the year of your car i.e 1967, they photocopy it and if its not in use you can display on your car instead of the state issue plate. I think that is what LERCHMAN is referring to.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Does anybody know if you can do this in Indiana? I think the only option here is to get an antique plate. Personally I would like to leave the antique plates for the 48 F1 pickups and come up with a Classic plate for cars 1955 and newer.

------------------
Bob Murray 66 Malibu
TC Gold #49
Aces #01941
NCOA #20838

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 08-15-99).]

W

·
0 Posts
Maryland allows you to find a set of old plates and run those on the car, but not until you pay for historic plates and the sticker, then pay for the right to bolt the 67 plates on, what a rip! When I bought mine for $10, I blasted them and took them to a sign painter and had them redone. When you register them, they check color, Md. was using black as the background and ugly mustard yellow for the letters.

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 malibu

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I have to admit. This historic plate stuff is very odd. I asked at a cruise event last night and the guys told me that there are vendors who come through once in a while with a bunch of plates. Bizzare. So, Wally, if I understabnd the inference of what you're saying I can have some '67 era plates made for my '67 with a vanity ID. Yes? No?

BTW, a few of the fellas did say you have to tell them they are the originals from the car.

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 08-16-99).]

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
We can use original plates that are the same year as your car was new if it is 35 years old or older. I go to swap meets and antique stores and buy them for $3.00 or so. Nicer one are more expensive.

·
Premium Member
4,352 Posts
In MI you can get a state issued historic plate for $30 and it's good for 10 years or you can find your own year correct plate and resister it forever for $35. If you are going tokeep the car for a looooong time that's a better deal.

·
Premium Member
27,718 Posts
Y'all notice that most of this topic started over 7 years ago??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts
Yeah the start of the post is 7 years old....it was started by "Lerchman"...
He is a bit slow... so this will be right on time for him.....
** Right now he is knee deep with captain morgan and coke trying to wrap gifts for his boy.
--
B

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.