Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i ve been doing some research an am making my own lca relocation brackets and am going with some adjustable uca's. Now im wondering if it would help with traction even more if i also on top of the relocation brackets down low and adding the ones up top would help that much more?What im saying is having both of them be beneficial or not?In my mind it would only help more but things always some how sound better in my mind than reality lol:noway:
So upper no hop/traction bars and lower relocation brackets?Do these affect handling also?:confused:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I am far from an expert but I don't think you want to run the no hops and the relocation brackets at the same time. Hopefully someone will comment that is more knowledgable about this stuff than me.

BTW, sounds like a nice combo you have there, how does it run?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thats what i keep telling myself but wonder how it would effect everything.
The car runs pretty good just finishing up on the tune.Trying to figure out the rear supension so i can get some kind of traction with street tires.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Hello
Yeah I would not suggest doing that! Using both they would give you too much instant center. I would suggest using one or the other. Below is a link to show you what UMI Performance has to offer as far as Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catal...Path=1_18_22&zenid=sh1bg0tgn5jjdut58kjmht63n2

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So with my car being lowered 3-4 inches..the trailing arms are actually higher up on the rear end side versus the frame side..So with that being the case ,would lowering them 3" be optimal ? Would they theoretically need to be even lower to make up for the car being so low? Maybe 4"

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
So with my car being lowered 3-4 inches..the trailing arms are actually higher up on the rear end side versus the frame side..So with that being the case ,would lowering them 3" be optimal ? Would they theoretically need to be even lower to make up for the car being so low? Maybe 4"
Yes you want the rearend side of the control arm lower than the body side.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what kinda of ballpark measurement should i be looking at lowering them?Just curious at what angle i should be shooting for.Im going to try to visualize where my instant center is at but where should it be? sorry for the novice questions..i just want to know what i am doing and why ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts