Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there's a dealer (ugh) selling a '64 chevelle convertible down the street. i called him, he said it was his brother in laws who wanted to restore it but gave up and bought a $25,000 fully restored gem, and needed whatever he could get for this one.
Asking price $5995. On the phone the dealer immediately dropped the price (of course).

The car has the 283 emblems but has a 350 engine with TH350 trans. The column shows it was originally a PG. some of the easy mechanical stuff had been done, tires, wheels, shocks, springs, and a little on the front suspension but can't tell how much.
The interior is beat, it's cloth but ripped and ragged. The ragtop is in excelent condition, and is the electric top but I'm not a convertible guy.
The body is pretty rough, though it's together the rust has bubbled through the rattlecan spray paint all around the fenders, doors etc.

i told the guy 1500 on the phone, if he was so desperate. (didn't even drive it). didn't seem to like that offer :)
comments?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've seen one 64 convt. here (Indiana) that needed everything but the engine and tranny. Asking price: $1800.

------------------
Mike
formerly known as gotapileof70Malibu (so add 80 to my number of posts)
'70 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible

·
Registered
287 Posts
There is a 64 Convertable in my area and it's selling for 800.00 cdn. No engine & trans, good top and in major need of help! Bad floors and horrible interior. No cowl tags and no wire harnesses... It was hacked and used for racing... I would say that it's worth maybe 200.00 US.

------------------
The proud owner of a Canadian 64-SS with ZZ4 Power!
Team Chevelle Gold Member #37
Canadian Classic Chevelles & Beaumonts Member #350
WebSite http://www.magma.ca/~ssoltesz/steves/1964.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.