Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Racingjunk.com. My 18-year-old son was looking for an affordable first Gen Camaro for $18,750 and free shipping? Really???and as we all know, if it’s too good to be true….Check out the email from this deuche bag. It was a giveaway from the beginning because they only posted a phone number with nine digits and shown as located in Milwaukee.

“Sorry for my late reply but I am out of civilization and my connection is bad.
I am working overseas with Weatherford International and I don't know when I will return because of this corona situation.
The car is located at the auto broker in New York, crated and ready to go. The car belonged to my father that recently passed away.
I propose to close the deal through an auto broker, in a safe and easiest way possible for both of us. The payment will be sent to their account, they will keep the money until you receive the car. After delivery, you will have a 7 days inspection period before you decide if you wish to keep it or not. I will ship it anywhere for free if you are ready to buy, that means no loans.
Comes with a clean title, manuals and service history records. No accidents. Needs nothing.
If you are still interested please let me know so I can give you their phone number.
I attached the pics here.”

Matt

·
Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
791 Posts
Does “working overseas with Weatherford International and I don’t know when I will return “ mean I don’t have a passport ? Let’s help this poor seller out......of a 10 story window.

·
Registered
731 Posts
You know there are several dumb americans who actually fall for this crap and send these people money. because the scammers are outside of the united states they cant be arrested or charged with a crime and laughing all the way to the bank. The govenment knows this but allows it to continue under their transfer of wealth to help poorer countires

·
Registered
98 Posts
You know there are several dumb americans who actually fall for this crap and send these people money. because the scammers are outside of the united states they cant be arrested or charged with a crime and laughing all the way to the bank. The govenment knows this but allows it to continue under their transfer of wealth to help poorer countires
Is it the job of the US Government to protect someone from being stupid?

I get it that there are scams everywhere and many originate overseas, but how is the US Government supposed to arrest, charge, prosecute, convict and incarcerate (or fine) those individuals who execute these scams which prey upon the stupid?

There are plenty of scam artists inside the US that prey upon the stupid, let’s start by getting them - Better yet, let’s get people educated instead of coddling and excusing the stupid for being stupid.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does “working overseas with Weatherford International and I don’t know when I will return “ mean I don’t have a passport ? Let’s help this poor seller out......of a 10 story window.
Now that’s funny vortec…….

·
Registered
731 Posts
Is it the job of the US Government to protect someone from being stupid?

I get it that there are scams everywhere and many originate overseas, but how is the US Government supposed to arrest, charge, prosecute, convict and incarcerate (or fine) those individuals who execute these scams which prey upon the stupid?

There are plenty of scam artists inside the US that prey upon the stupid, let’s start by getting them - Better yet, let’s get people educated instead of coddling and excusing the stupid for being stupid.
Last I heard - You cant fix stupid so im not wasting any time trying to....George carlin also warned us to never under estimate stupid people in large groups, We have come a long way bowing for stupid people. Look where we are now with crazy uncle joe behind the wheel?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Racingjunk.com. My 18-year-old son was looking for an affordable first Gen Camaro for $18,750 and free shipping? Really???and as we all know, if it’s too good to be true….Check out the email from this deuche bag. It was a giveaway from the beginning because they only posted a phone number with nine digits and shown as located in Milwaukee.

“Sorry for my late reply but I am out of civilization and my connection is bad.
I am working overseas with Weatherford International and I don't know when I will return because of this corona situation.
The car is located at the auto broker in New York, crated and ready to go. The car belonged to my father that recently passed away.
I propose to close the deal through an auto broker, in a safe and easiest way possible for both of us. The payment will be sent to their account, they will keep the money until you receive the car. After delivery, you will have a 7 days inspection period before you decide if you wish to keep it or not. I will ship it anywhere for free if you are ready to buy, that means no loans.
Comes with a clean title, manuals and service history records. No accidents. Needs nothing.
If you are still interested please let me know so I can give you their phone number.
I attached the pics here.”

Matt
SCAM! Seen this story personally twice. Don't walk, run away! The scammers use this same story over and over with a little tweak but nonetheless same story different book.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I recently had an engine wanted add listed on team impala and at the very same time I also had a similar engine for sale on my local craigslist. A scammer contacted me from my team impala add and said he had the engine I was looking for. I then asked for a picture of it and he sent me a picture of my own engine that I had listed for sale on craigslist. I knew it was a scam just by the looks of the messages but when he sent me the pic of my own engine, that just takes the cake. You cant make this stuff up.

Now I feel kinda bad by not paying him even though the engine he offered is in my garage....LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts